Z26, GTZ, GTU and Indy Decals

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: GTZ, GTU and Indy Decals

Post by 3X00-Modified »

This is an exact scan though. The Vector copy you sent him does not have rounded letters. And it doesn't really matter, this is what I'm using to have an Indy decal package put together so if anyone needs it they can buy it from somewhere and I know Ryan is going to be selling windshield banners soon so I'm not intruding into that area.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

Have the original instruction booklet you can reprint too? If not, I should be able to get a scan of it.

Can't wait to see sets like this again...

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

Man Jon, Kyles been holding out on us!!! Lol

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

The rounded letters... I am wondering if GM by chance made a different banner for the GTU and the Indy. Supposedly, the banner I will be making is a direct copy of the spec sheet that C&C used for the GTU banners.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

3X00-Modified wrote:This is my best shot at a door and bumper replica... What do you think?

I just need to know the height of the Beretta lettering and I can properly size it Or get it damn near close.

Right now its black but it would be charcoal to match the rest.
The "A" is in the wrong position. You need to move the "INDY" over some for better alignment.

Compare it to this and you'll see what I mean:

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I see what your saying Geoff but the INDY is stretched from what is on the large decal so if I move it over more then the I will be in the wrong spot. I tried to find a happy medium between the I placement on the A and the leg of the N on the A.

And I believe Kyle does not have those indy packages, I have no idea where they are from or ended up for that matter. Sad part is someone with a beretta has them and they're just not on this forum and that what making it so hard to duplicate these.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

3X00-Modified wrote:And I believe Kyle does not have those indy packages, I have no idea where they are from or ended up for that matter. Sad part is someone with a beretta has them and they're just not on this forum and that what making it so hard to duplicate these.
Correct, I do not have them. I'll send Mike an e-mail and see if he has anything left. One set was definitely sold that I know of.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I have the instructions to scan as well.

I'll try to do an overlay of some photos I got from others to see if I can better match the proportions and shape.

Recheck your originals Ryan the letters on those are also rounded. Woody just used the square lettered EPS to make the banner you wanted its not a different style that GM used.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Used Shawn's image to overlay my logo over and I used stretch skew and distort to fix the Indy to match as good as I could... some of the brushed area's aren't as long as on the door Indy so that may be slightly different but I think overall its about as close as it will get without scanning an original.

Edit, screwed with it a bit more, Included the overlay and the one I ended up with...
Attachments
Image I used to overlay on...
Image I used to overlay on...
My image over layed on the original picture
My image over layed on the original picture

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

3X00-Modified wrote:This is an exact scan though. The Vector copy you sent him does not have rounded letters. And it doesn't really matter, this is what I'm using to have an Indy decal package put together so if anyone needs it they can buy it from somewhere and I know Ryan is going to be selling windshield banners soon so I'm not intruding into that area.
An exact scan would definitely than the JPG files I got! haha

If you can send me the high-res scanned raster files for the windshield banner and the small door "Beretta INDY" I can convert them to vector files. That way they can be cut with a simple vinyl machine out of colored vinyl as well. That should be even more accurate that the Beretta script I just did.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No one wants "cut" decals though, they want the original printed on clear vinyl... The only one that needs to be cut is the windshield banner I could send you that but the raster images are 2gig.. LOL What resolution do you need it in to get a good vector image from it? I did a path in Photoshop and then imported it to Illustrator... but obviously since the work done from the scan ended up with some oddities to the lines there are tons of anchor points.

I could probably shoot you a full sized 300DPI psd of the banner if you wanted to try it on that, OR the 9 individual scans I did resized to 300DPI and then you can re-assemble them like I did.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

Jon if you didn't get that close to original I don't know who or how someone good that is spot on man nice!

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I guess you're right, the file I have has rounded letters.
Woody, what do I need to get you so that I can have all the necessary files to give a print shop top cut these for me? Do you need a different file type?

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

the problem is the clarity of the files you have. They are GREAT for knowing the exact spacing width and curve, I can supply him with photshop scans of the factory banner and he can put them together and tweak it and get it all right using those specs and then vector it for you I'm sure. If 300dpi scans are ok, the 9 of them I made are 93meg, I could mail him a CD with it. The original scans I made at 2400dpi are over 800meg each.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

If you can resized the stiched file to 150 I can make a damn good vector out of it. Doesn't need to be PSD either, JPG would be ok. Or you can even save it as a 2-color bitmap to further reduce file size. And for the door file if you send the same I can get a Beretta script that is perfect (even better than the one from the filler panel - which is a little different.)

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube