E36 headlights..how?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
unsmart1

E36 headlights..how?

Post by unsmart1 »

Alright, so since I pinned down the corsicas starting issue. And found these on Craigslist. Drove 90 miles to get them for $40!

Seeing as i now have two sets of these, i want to put one set in the beretta, mainly for looks. And this set in the corsica, mainly because i had them just sitting in place of the stockers and they produced more light and this is my work car and i dont get off work til sometimes 3:30am and take a deer inhabited highway home. For those that have done it, how'd you do it?

I couldnt find anything on here so that's why im asking.

Thanks.

Btw...I got 200 miles on just under a 1/4 tank of gas, LOVE the mileage this car gets. K&N filter, plug, wires, rear wheel bearings, rotors and pads, and a fuel filter is all I have into it mechanically. Never was a fan of corsicas, but its growing on me. Anyone know where I can get an LTZ grille? The eggcrate is busted and glued to hell, its a glue bomb lol.

'86 Dodge Ramcharger 2wd- 360, "X" heads, bored .020 over, decked .010, 833 4spd, 3:55 gear.
'88 base/z-z51 supension, '93 olds 3.1, more stuff than its worth.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: E36 headlights..how?

Post by 3X00-Modified »

This is how I did it... You can do it however you want... The header panel is completely cut off at the end BTW... they don't fit with that there.

http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic. ... hts#p46739

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

Thats exactly how i did it also.

unsmart1

Post by unsmart1 »

Wow..i searched and searched and didn't find anything...then you just pop that up..WTF!? lol, thanks sir.

'86 Dodge Ramcharger 2wd- 360, "X" heads, bored .020 over, decked .010, 833 4spd, 3:55 gear.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It wasn't easy to find, it was an odd named topic.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
#1 stunna

Post by #1 stunna »

I ve had my e-36 lights for quite a while now and i still havent installed them. Ive also asked a similar question before and got no replies ... and yes searching for it is hard to find , maybe this could get pinned? ....http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic. ... hts#p46739.

88 beretta
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/517217
03 monte carlo ss
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Here's my album on Photobucket of my install. They're now on Gtzman's car as I've upgraded to a projector/glass lense set. Note that the BMW mounting tabs on top of the lights must be removed if you plan on running a radiator/core support plastic cover.

http://s40.beta.photobucket.com/user/sn ... %20Install

1991 Beretta GTZ
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

same here, i got a spare header panel just in case too... i'm still unsure of the looks though... i really do like the stock headlights. just need to sand and polish mine.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

I've been playing around with the idea of taking GODLIKE's retrofit setup one step further and creating a clear lens for the headlight. However that's been on the back burner for a while as I have more important things going on. I do love my E36 lights, however. Wherever I go everyone either wants my headlights or my wheels. Not so much my Beretta, lol!

1991 Beretta GTZ
Kris GTwhat?

Post by Kris GTwhat? »

just cut till it fits ;) thats how i did my first set about 7 years ago. it worked out very well!

1991 GTZ: RIP
unsmart1

Post by unsmart1 »

#1 stunna wrote:I ve had my e-36 lights for quite a while now and i still havent installed them. Ive also asked a similar question before and got no replies ... and yes searching for it is hard to find , maybe this could get pinned? ....http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic. ... hts#p46739.
Thanks man, that helps alot.
snowblindburd wrote:I've been playing around with the idea of taking GODLIKE's retrofit setup one step further and creating a clear lens for the headlight. However that's been on the back burner for a while as I have more important things going on. I do love my E36 lights, however. Wherever I go everyone either wants my headlights or my wheels. Not so much my Beretta, lol!
Dontcha hate that? When i got the gtz wheels and the USBody cowl..i had the same issue

unsmart1

Post by unsmart1 »

Kris GTwhat? wrote:just cut till it fits ;) thats how i did my first set about 7 years ago. it worked out very well!
Yeah.. but i always have this issue where i get mad i didnt cut enough the previous attempt, that I cut TOOO much lol.