TRUE HIDS! DIRECT FIT!

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
brilamb2

TRUE HIDS! DIRECT FIT!

Post by brilamb2 »

my buddy (who sadly deives a civic)  found a site in an import tuner magazine for a company that makes true HID lights that directly plug into our housings.  the kits arent as expensive as i thought eiher.  we were both kinda doubtful but he said what the hell and ordersed a st anyway.  HOLY S***!  theyre real, they work, and hes had his for 4 mos now and no probs!  his full kit was $399.00 . We already pay half that just to get the projectorlenses with reg. halogen bulbs from a BMW.  im saving up right now to order a set, and when i get them, ill be sure to post pics.  Ill try to get a few pics of his next week whne hes back from fl.   heres the site  ÂÂÂ
http://www.xtralights.com/

1988GTU

TRUE HIDS! DIRECT FIT!

Post by 1988GTU »

Maybe a group buy could be had with this modification add on.

_________
-------------
Ribz80

TRUE HIDS! DIRECT FIT!

Post by Ribz80 »

I think I saw these on ebay a few months back.  A guy with a integra showed a lot of good pics and wanted about 290 for a set.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
brilamb2

TRUE HIDS! DIRECT FIT!

Post by brilamb2 »

maybe but thebiggest thing is that these are suppposed to be COMPLETELY waterproof!  im saving right now because i use my retta for my job actually and do a lot of night driving, and better headlights would be a practical, and cool mod, and besides there really is no "modding" to be done, just plug and play"!  Ill try to get in contact with the company this week and see if a group buy is possible.

IsaacHayes

TRUE HIDS! DIRECT FIT!

Post by IsaacHayes »

Just be carefull that you don't get pulled over/fail inspection.

HID facotry cars have blocking sheilds that cut off the top part of the beam so it doesn't blind drivers with the extra light. That is why there is such a sharp cut off of the beam when projected on the road. Other manufactorers do this differently, but most just have some sort of metal shield.

I can't remember what car company, but they used bulbs that had ceramic paint on them to block part of the beam, that might be the easiest to be close to DOT/whatever compliant...

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
heavywoody
Global Moderator

TRUE HIDS! DIRECT FIT!

Post by heavywoody »

http://www.hidplanet.com

Anyone thinking about putting HID bulbs in their OEM housings needs to look at this site. HID bulbs are designed to be used with SPECIFIC projectors, not just a regular headlamp (such as a Beretta's, Camaro's, Chevette, etc). The light pattern in a regular lamp housing throws light in many directions, where a properly setup HID system is much sharper. If you put HID bulbs in an OEM headlamp that is designed for halogen bulbs, you WILL blind oncoming traffic, and your light output won't be as good (in other words, you won't be able to see worth dick).

If anyone goes this route, the PROPER way to do this is to retrofit HID projector housings into your headlamps, or get whichever BMW or Mercedes headlight that people are putting in their Beretta's.

HID Planet has TONS of information regarding how to properly do an HID retrofit. I strongly suggest that anyone thinking of doing this looks into that site prior to spending the money. Oncoming drivers, and probably your local authorities, will thank you.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
brilamb2

TRUE HIDS! DIRECT FIT!

Post by brilamb2 »

thx fore the extra info woody
thats one thing we had to do the the civic, lens paint on the top of the lens, andthey come with a cover that goes over the bulb to partially block upper rays.  But im sure they would look great in a setof bmw e36 projectors!