Spoiler Brake Light

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
stretch351c

Spoiler Brake Light

Post by stretch351c »

I'm new here, and maybe this has been posted before, if so I apologize. I recently bought a 90 GT with the third brake light mounted in the spoiler. It didn't work, and after tearing into it, I found that I had juice at the plug but not along the strip that holds the bulbs. So what I did was stop off at the local parts store, Advance Auto in this case, and pick up a set of $20 LED driving lights. Take the power bar with the lights in it an toss it. Take the reflector bar that mounts with the lens and take a Dremel to it and shave out the reflectors on both sides of the center, carefully. The LED driving lights are then glued in using standard automotive adhesive and then simply cut the factory plug in out and wire the lights into the harness. Instant LED brake lights in the spoiler.

themixer

Re: Spoiler Brake Light

Post by themixer »

yes that works well, i reused the bulb tray and put LEDs in mine, way cheaper than the original bulbs also

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

Contact DTMAce on here...he built me an LED piece that is top notch!!!

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

You'd need to ask him. He'll need your original piece...at least he needed mine c

themixer

Post by themixer »

He is not really active on the forum probably faster and easier to build your own.