Exterior Door Window Trim moulding

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
88_GTU

Re: Exterior Door Window Trim moulding

Post by 88_GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote:
BerettaMN wrote:If anyone has the original parts number or a superceded number try looking it up on http://www.partsvoice.com. I use d this site to find tons of oem trim and parts no one else has.
I highly doubt anyone would EVER find OEM external dew strips available online somewhere still, and if anyone did I'm putting out the offer that I would pay you 1k for them. That's simply because I do not believe any online sales store would have these in stock or hidden on a shelf somewhere... Hell GM vintage parts doesn't even have any. I know some have gotten lucky and find the occasional person on Ebay that has one or two stashed away but even that has become a long lost dream.

I ordered some generic felt dew belt strip online from a company that was pretty close to the top rubber profile, it doesn't have the lower inner curve that the OEM ones have but if we could just get something to replace the top exposed rubber I think that is all we need. I'm working on retrofitting them to the OEM metal part.

You mean like these......
Attachments
dewstrips.jpg

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah and how long have you had those?

I have one where the rubber strip has a 99 date code on it so it's obviously not oem.

Offer still stands find some online retailer selling these and I will pay 1k.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

88_GTU wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:
BerettaMN wrote:If anyone has the original parts number or a superceded number try looking it up on http://www.partsvoice.com. I use d this site to find tons of oem trim and parts no one else has.
I highly doubt anyone would EVER find OEM external dew strips available online somewhere still, and if anyone did I'm putting out the offer that I would pay you 1k for them. That's simply because I do not believe any online sales store would have these in stock or hidden on a shelf somewhere... Hell GM vintage parts doesn't even have any. I know some have gotten lucky and find the occasional person on Ebay that has one or two stashed away but even that has become a long lost dream.

I ordered some generic felt dew belt strip online from a company that was pretty close to the top rubber profile, it doesn't have the lower inner curve that the OEM ones have but if we could just get something to replace the top exposed rubber I think that is all we need. I'm working on retrofitting them to the OEM metal part.

You mean like these......
SELL TO ME! :shock:

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

pretty sure they're OEM....
Attachments
dewstrips2.jpg

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Miss understood my statement... I mean original run for production... a seal with a 99 date code was obviously not produced to be installed on a new car, it was made as a replacement part, so the dew strip I have was never installed on a car at the factory, it was more than likely purchased to replace one probably like the ones you own so they are not as old as the newest Beretta.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
yellow3800

Post by yellow3800 »

The best idea I've come up with is putting a new strip [from jcwhitney? from a new car in a j-yard?] of rubber ONTO our existing part. this means, remove old rubber, and put on new rubber in its place.

When I came up with this idea, I noticed mine has that lower rubber piece of 1/4" or so on the outside/exterior bottom of the entire dew strip. I think they all do, and this rubber should be replaced also. I think we'll have to reuse our 3-groove feature and staple new rubber onto that.

thoughts?

I havn't looked closely enough to see if these rubber pieces are held by a sandwich metal design using rivets. Maybe this is a start.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I've got everything to do this... Only downfall is the shape of the dew strip is different, Ours has a dual lip that touches the window, one visible that always cracks and the other is inside below where it mounts to the door, the only replacement that will fit is just the top lip.

This fix is very easy to do and not that expensive.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"