Which parts from which cars are directly compatible for us?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
gustafsyn

Which parts from which cars are directly compatible for us?

Post by gustafsyn »

I only know a few.. such as E36 lights.. and even those barely fit the criteria, due to the modifications necessary for installation.. But there are others, such as the Mach 1 lip.. looks good, cheap, and bolts right up.
What else is there? Corsica parts? Cavalier parts? Lumina parts? What parts bolt directly up to Berettas?

scd88ga

Re: Which parts from which cars are directly compatible for

Post by scd88ga »

Nothing really, such as the things you listed that don't just bolt up either. The only answer I can give really is other Beretta parts.

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

That statement is actually not true, it all depends on what part you referring to... Lots of suspension components are the same for various models, as well as drive train components.

pre 94 control arms are the same on the Cavalier as the Beretta, and IIRC the subframes are also shared on that as well as some other similar models.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I seem to recall answering this before someplace...

There are also some parts from Skylarks, Achievas, Corsica, Tempest, Some cavy parts (as stated) and a few others that possibly shared some of the same features.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

gustafsyn

Post by gustafsyn »

Okay.. which ones? This is in the appearance mods forum, so I'm referring to aesthetic modifications and body parts..

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

What are you looking to put on... narrow it down a bit more...

Body pannels to an extent are not interchangable, but some have proven you can mold a Z26 kit onto a Corsica... Also I've seen pictures of a full corisca front end bolted on to a beretta, fenders forward...

Not sure what else you are seeing on other cars that are similar that you would want on your Beretta.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
gustafsyn

Post by gustafsyn »

Well, a certain wing from a Cavalier RS for one, as well as the hood from the same car. Just feeling out there to see what other interior components are direct fit as well, I already know Cavalier back seats are interchangeable with the out of a Beretta. But as for seats (which would be difficult, as the Beretta has really unique seats), dashes, consoles, mirrors, lights, grills, etc..

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

3X00-Modified wrote:That statement is actually not true
Well actually, it is true, pay attention to what section your posting in next time.

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

gustafsyn wrote:Well, a certain wing from a Cavalier RS for one, as well as the hood from the same car. Just feeling out there to see what other interior components are direct fit as well, I already know Cavalier back seats are interchangeable with the out of a Beretta. But as for seats (which would be difficult, as the Beretta has really unique seats), dashes, consoles, mirrors, lights, grills, etc..
Like I said, no fancy exterior parts from other are direct bolt-ons. Beretta and Corsica dashes/consoles are interchangeable, and GM used the same base seats in many models as well. Many GM steering wheels can interchange too. Mirrors, lights, grills, hoods, spoilers, nope.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

"Appearance Mods" is not specific to exterior so you contradicted yourself with your second statement saying Corsica interior parts are interchangeable.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

3X00-Modified wrote:"Appearance Mods" is not specific to exterior so you contradicted yourself with your second statement saying Corsica interior parts are interchangeable.
I didn't contradict anything! The OP initially was asking about only EXTERIOR appearance mods that would interchange, which I guess you didn't understand based on your initial reply! The OP then asked about interchangeable interior parts in a later post in which I gave him some options! I clearly stated NO on exterior and YES on some interior! They did teach you how to read in school didn't they? :O:

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

What is with all the hostility on the board lately? I mean come on guys. Its like you get one word wrong in a sentence and the grammar police stop in or something.

To the OP. Best bet when looking for things that can be fitted in, hit a junkyard or two, and just look different similar year cars over. You often can get ideas about some things. You can also do measurements, check things out directly. No one has a "list" anywhere that I know of (though I think someone started one here someplace) that is completely thorough.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

My butt hurts so bad

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Quote me where he said exterior before i replied.

Whatever, you guys can take over the knowledge on this board. I'm sick of replying.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

3X00-Modified wrote:Quote me where he said exterior before i replied.

Whatever, you guys can take over the knowledge on this board. I'm sick of replying.

Last time I checked BMW headlights and Mach 1 Mustang front lips weren't suspension parts or drive train parts, they are EXTERIOR APPEARANCE parts which the OP mentioned in the first post in this thread that is located in the APPEARANCE MODS section. For once somebody actually posts a question in the right section, and you're still confused? It's basic reading comprehension!

If I make a post about wanting to know what steam cleaning detergent to use on my seats, are you going to tell me to change my spark plugs?

Hey, don't get down on yourself, you post plenty of good replies when you actually pay attention to the questions.... :good: