Best way to stop dash from starting to bubble?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
Browser

Re: Best way to stop dash from starting to bubble?

Post by Browser »

A little bump for old thread, but I didn't understand that is it possible to just remove the original dash cover, find a donor car with fine original dash cover and change these? Or does it need disassembly of the whole dash?
Got the same problem, that even defroster vent does not go on anymore. Dash has bubbled up. Original dash cover should be glued to dash, as I seen from peeling away cover around the radio.

Or are you guys all talking about the same thing and I just won't understand? :D

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Now everyone on here keeps hollering not to use armor all on stuff. Then why do they make it? I have used it for years. All of the trims (rubber portions mostly) in and out on my car have been treated nearly every wash/detailing I have ever done. Surfaces like the dash and the door panels just get a wipe down with the stuff on my rag, I don't spray it directly on the surfaces. My dash has finally just started to bubble up this year. Mostly because its stretching tight, even I can see it. Now whether that is because I used Armor all on it over the last 18 years, or because its been in the sun without shades, who knows. But I highly doubt its because of the armor all alone.

I have seen cars that use waaay to much of the stuff though. Ugh.

Anyway, just saying that it may not all be contributed to that.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

Basically keep it garage kept and when in the sun use a sunshade and buy some vent shades and roll your windows down alittle bit to cool interior and tint your windows heat is the biggest factor

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

DTMAce wrote:Now everyone on here keeps hollering not to use armor all on stuff. Then why do they make it? I have used it for years. All of the trims (rubber portions mostly) in and out on my car have been treated nearly every wash/detailing I have ever done. Surfaces like the dash and the door panels just get a wipe down with the stuff on my rag, I don't spray it directly on the surfaces. My dash has finally just started to bubble up this year. Mostly because its stretching tight, even I can see it. Now whether that is because I used Armor all on it over the last 18 years, or because its been in the sun without shades, who knows. But I highly doubt its because of the armor all alone.

I have seen cars that use waaay to much of the stuff though. Ugh.

Anyway, just saying that it may not all be contributed to that.

lesson learned. Your dash bubbled. Do not put anything on your dash other than shade.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Yes, but it didn't bubble at all till this past year. So as I was saying, it doesn't add up. I have seen many others that have bubbled long before or sooner than mine, and I have way more miles and use on it than most of you. Anyway.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Its the sun bottom line. The wrap shrinks because it dries out in the sun. I highly doubt the Armor All has anything to do with it. I'm still rocking my ORIGINAL 1995 dash that came in the first Beretta I bought. And I used a lot of Armor All on that in its life but I keep the sunshades in it when I have it out.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"