Abs Problems

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Abs Problems

Post by Rex 2.0 »

When I start my car my abs light is off.  I start driving and the first couple of times I hit the brakes I hear weird sounds coming from my master cylinder.  I can also feel it in the pedal.  Then the abs light comes on and it stops making the noise.  I tried cleaning the sensors because I saw it solved a lot of abs problems but no luck.  I checked the fluid and did not find any leaks anywhere.  What should I try next or should I take it some place.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile

Abs Problems

Post by Guest »

I've had problems with my ABS also..I ended up just unhooking one of the sensors so it gave me "regular" brakes.....Just have to make sure you tape it or something so it can't touch anything under the car...works great...

robdogg13

Abs Problems

Post by robdogg13 »

That's a good question because when ever I start my car my abs light blinks. my mechanic says that he thought the wheel speed sensors looked good, so I 'm not sure what else to do either.

Robert
Decipha

Abs Problems

Post by Decipha »

i have this problem as well... i ran diagnostics and my LF speed sensor is glitching

i replaced the speed sensor and its still coming on when i reach 25 MPH

tomorrow at work imma throw it back on the diagnostics to see what it says

im thinking the little abs box underneath the glove box next to the computer is bad

(4) 90s, 91, 92, 93, 94, and a 95 Supercoupe (x9)
98 Camaro SS 6spd
2000 Lincoln LS 5spd (1 of 2,331)
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
cahilj

Abs Problems

Post by cahilj »

You need to find out what code the ABS module is throwing.

Proper operation= ABS light on during gauge check (similar to brake light and airbag light), light should remain off at all other times (even if the ABS is functioing during a stop).

Anything other than that, you have an issue. The common problem with GM ABS is speed sensors, but since you said the light is off when you start it, you may have a module issue.

J Body Bash '04- 1st place 82-94 Street Modified
GMSC Bash '05- 2nd place 82-94 J Modified
MoHud SOLO II '04- 1st place SM
V6Z24.com- Jan '05 COTM, 2nd place '05 Bash
Visit TeamDropzone!
Decipha

Abs Problems

Post by Decipha »

sry it took so long to reply... i found my problem!  Just like you i had issues with the
garbling noise when i hit the brakes (with out the abs light on ;under 25)  When i ran
diagnostics again it said the left front speed sensor was bad (the one i just replaced)
I replaced the master cylinder with one i found at a JY and my abs problems went bye
bye, you will notice a big difference with the abs working properly.  Not only does the
car stop better and smoother, as well as swifter,  the pedal is also harder and feels
'right'... you'll see, hope this helps some

98 Camaro SS 6spd
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
Decipha

Abs Problems

Post by Decipha »

oh yeah i didn't mention the problem was the abs pump

98 Camaro SS 6spd
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
Decipha

Abs Problems

Post by Decipha »

ohh yeah.. upon furthur examination i found out that the little box next to the computer
is not for the abs, i think its for the airbag... not too sure

98 Camaro SS 6spd
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
MikeH

Abs Problems

Post by MikeH »

>When I start my car my abs light is off.  I start driving and the first couple of times I hit the brakes I hear weird sounds coming from my master cylinder.  I can also feel it in the pedal.  Then the abs light comes on and it stops making the noise.  I tried cleaning the sensors because I saw it solved a lot of abs problems but no luck.  I checked the fluid and did not find any leaks anywhere.  What should I try next or should I take it some place.

Mike
1993 Chevrolet Beretta Base V6