Need info on the F41 suspension.

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....

Post by Guest »

As far as I know there is the FE1 "soft" suspension, the FE3 "sport" the FE7 heavy duty and the F41 "firm ride" .... in that order in terms of performance/stiffness.

The FE7 is the GTZ suspension AFAIK as well.  But what is this F41 code? What was it on? Does anyone have any specs on it's swaybars or other suspension mods it have?

But most importantly.. Does anyone have info on its' rear sway bar system (size and specs of internal and external bars and whether they are hollow and solid) and what car I can find it on if it's bigger/better then the FE7 one?

Thanks guys!

IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

F41? I don't remember that. Some GT's like 89 I think it was, had a Z51 option, which had the largest solid rear sway bar, and I believe FE3 springs. I lucked out and the junk yard here just happened to have a beretta with the Z51.

I think even if you have FE7, you can benefit from the Z51 bar. Look it up on beretta.net main site, I belive it's in the FAQ section or somewhere there...

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...

Post by Guest »

Unfortunatly none of the FAQ's have the sizes of the sway bars etc...  Also the Z51 I believe is an external rear sway, AFAIK the Addco is as big or bigger at 1" and I plan to use that on top of the internal sway...   So it's the internal sway I'm concerned about (I'm putting a beretta axle on my car and I want to make sure it's anti roll resistence is as high as possible to promote more oversteer.

Do you know the diameters of the various rear internal sway bars ?

backwoodzberetta

Post by backwoodzberetta »

92 - GTZ front sway bar was "direct acting" 18mm
92 - V6 Beretta got 26mm stabilizer bar up front w/ 16.5mm rear sway bar
92 - GT got 30mm front stabilizer bar and 19.5 mm rear sway bar
93 - GT got 30mm front and 16.5mm rear bar
93 - GTZ got 18mm front and 19.55 rear
94 - Z26 got 28mm front sway bar and 16.5mm rear bar
94 - Z26 got optional sport suspension FE3 (30mm front and 19mm rear)
95 - same as 94

-Nick

This car has 223,000 miles on it and gets 37 mpg highway.

RIP  In it's last stages of life.

Post by Guest »

^^^ Are those "rear bar" sizes the INTERNAL or EXTERNAL sway bar sizes? I only care about the internal, and whether they are solid or hollow.

I saw the above info on the FAQ but it again was missing the internal bar specs.

backwoodzberetta

Post by backwoodzberetta »

I don't believe that anything above 90 got an external rear bar.

-Nick

This car has 223,000 miles on it and gets 37 mpg highway.

RIP  In it's last stages of life.

Post by Guest »

bump... can someone stick a caliper on their GTZ bar? I've seen 16 mm rear internal sways int he junkyard... but not any 19 yet.. but I haven't seen a GTZ bar yet either..

MAD MARK

Post by MAD MARK »

I think the GTZs rear internal sway bar is a hollow 19mm held with 4 bolts to the axle.

You might be able to weld another piece of angle bracket or beam in there and then put that internal bar on for added stiffness.

MAD MARK