air bag suspension question

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
bagged_and_loud

air bag suspension question

Post by bagged_and_loud »

How do they effect handling vs stock fe7 suspension? I'm not sure if the sway bars are still there or not. I'll have to check when the car comes back from the shop. I searched all 15 pages of this sub forum, and found nothing. As always guys, thanks in advanced.

The vehicle is a 94 z26 with 3100.

1988GTU

Re: air bag suspension question

Post by 1988GTU »

air ride was not autocross friendly back when I had bags. It rode nice and was mainly for show. The front sway bar was the old style that mounted to the control arm, so I was able to keep those in place. Didn't have the strut connecting style. Rear was equipped with both bars and didn't need to be removed.

_________
-------------
bagged_and_loud

That's what I figured. Too much flex in the bag vs. A strut /spring. Oh well, at least I'm back in a Beretta:D

bagged_and_loud

If you guys bought a Beretta with air bag suspension, would you leave it in, or put struts and springs back in? For a daily driver, and something that would get used to have some spirited driving?

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I most likely would not purchase a vehicle like that to use it as a DD or for something like aggressive driving. If I had to rely on the vehicle due to some unforeseen circumstances, I'd try to forecast the amount of time I'd expect to use it in that condition and weigh out the safety then cost effectiveness.

_________
-------------
bagged_and_loud

1988GTU wrote:I most likely would not purchase a vehicle like that to use it as a DD or for something like aggressive driving. If I had to rely on the vehicle due to some unforeseen circumstances, I'd try to forecast the amount of time I'd expect to use it in that condition and weigh out the safety then cost effectiveness.
Well, if I was buying, I probably wouldn't of bought it either. But I made a trade for it that was worth well less then what this particular z26 is worth, especially as clean as it is. Around here, berettas dont pop up to often. Alot of bases, but that doesnt interest me. Other then that, I have no clue what you said.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Just saying I would only buy something like that not ever expecting to use it for the criteria you stated.

_________
-------------
bagged_and_loud

Got it. Thanks

bagged_and_loud

yup, it blows on any turn. waaay too much body roll. finally got it back from the shop today. so, here comes the other question. what part numbers should I replace the bags with? it has them on all fours, so it all needs replaced. thanks again, as always.

stargazer7467

Post by stargazer7467 »

you have pics of the setup?