Koni Strut cartridge bushings Group Buy Interest *CLOSED*

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Slinky

Re: Koni Strut cartridge bushings Group Buy Interest *CLOSED

Post by Slinky »

I have been waiting for my actual Koni's to ship for almost 4 weeks now

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Where did you order from? Because that's not uncommon... it took at least a month before I got mine in, both times I ordered from Race-Mart. They don't carry a qty on hand they are directly ordered from Koni shipped to them then re-shipped to you. They gotta cross the pond and quite possibly get made first.

Might be wise to contact Koni-USA directly next time for anyone interested to see what the on hand qty status is for that PN... that will help with delays.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
93 3.1L

Post by 93 3.1L »

Slinky wrote:I have been waiting for my actual Koni's to ship for almost 4 weeks now
From where did you order them? If you order them from race-mart you are not going to get them, well atleast not the front inserts. I ordered mine about a month ago and only got the rear ones and got refunded for the front ones. They said they were out of stock on the front inserts and apparently have been discontinued by Koni.

Slinky

Post by Slinky »

I ordered from thmotorsports.com since i could not get my credit card to work through race-mart

Im going to be pissed if i cant buy a set of fronts

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Um wow... That sucks if Koni discontinued the front j-body inserts...

Someone needs to contact KONI DIRECTLY to determine this.

It's still listed on Tire-Rack so I have a hard time believing they are discontinued... I guess I'll send them an email since no one else has.

This has a large effect on this GB and I'm currently $200 in the hole in material.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your interest in KONI dampers for your car. I happened to look into this application just yesterday morning so it is fresh in my mind.

Unfortunately the sales on the J-body KONI Sport dampers have softened in the last 3-4 years so it is no longer viable for us to continue manufacturing them in the volumes required for production. Unless a tuner or specialty company is interested in stepping up and taking over exclusive distribution to justify another production run, these units have been recently discontinued. There are no fronts remaining with KONI in Europe or the US but maybe a few retailers might have a small number remaining. We have about a dozen rear shocks still available within KONI and they will be discontinued when that stock is depleted.

I am sorry to see it go but the open market sales volumes in recent years just no longer justify further production.
Best regards,
Lee Grimes
KONI America
Automotive Product Mgr.
1961 International Way
Hebron, KY 41048
Cell (859) 630-9350
Desk (859) 586-4100 ext. 316
Fax (859) 334-3340
"insert sad trombone sound"

I guess anyone who wants these need to start calling ANY person who lists them to see if they physically have any stock to ship to them because they can't get them from Koni.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
93 3.1L

Post by 93 3.1L »

3X00-Modified wrote:
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your interest in KONI dampers for your car. I happened to look into this application just yesterday morning so it is fresh in my mind.

Unfortunately the sales on the J-body KONI Sport dampers have softened in the last 3-4 years so it is no longer viable for us to continue manufacturing them in the volumes required for production. Unless a tuner or specialty company is interested in stepping up and taking over exclusive distribution to justify another production run, these units have been recently discontinued. There are no fronts remaining with KONI in Europe or the US but maybe a few retailers might have a small number remaining. We have about a dozen rear shocks still available within KONI and they will be discontinued when that stock is depleted.

I am sorry to see it go but the open market sales volumes in recent years just no longer justify further production.
Best regards,
Lee Grimes
KONI America
Automotive Product Mgr.
1961 International Way
Hebron, KY 41048
Cell (859) 630-9350
Desk (859) 586-4100 ext. 316
Fax (859) 334-3340
"insert sad trombone sound"

I guess anyone who wants these need to start calling ANY person who lists them to see if they physically have any stock to ship to them because they can't get them from Koni.
Yeah thats what i had to do when i bought mine. I ordered mine from nopi.com, i actually called them before placing the order online and they didn't had them in stock either but were able to get them from another warehouse. They still might be able to get some.

Slinky

Post by Slinky »

@$&7&&$&)$&!)!!

Smh im going to be stuck with my kyb struts i know it

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

lol

Beautiful.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

So who is going to attempt to hunt down any left over stock with vendors and who wants to cancel their GB order?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I also sent koni an email asking what they require to do a short production run... QTY and terms and such...

If you guys really want these shocks I might be able to pull off Koni group buy... but I need people to be legitimately interested. This would play out just like the Eibach group buy I'm assuming.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

If your doing a group by why not just get the Beretta/early J body ones made again.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm going to see what their terms are and then yes I was going to present them with that question as well but that also fucks me out of $200 of material on this current group buy. I guess it depends on which specs they still have lying around.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

I have money, i am interested, i need them soon!
If not Kyb's are going back on

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Slinky wrote:I have money, i am interested, i need them soon!
That will probably be the problem... I doubt many will move quickly on this or the community will be able to support the need at all to reach a min quantity... These are not cheap and I'm only guessing a small run group buy they wont be much cheaper and that's what turns many away and exactly the reason why only a few have Koni setups.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"