Strut Mounts

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
93 3.1L

Strut Mounts

Post by 93 3.1L »

Im trying to gather the rest of the parts to do my suspension. I would like to get some input on what strut mounts would be better. Im going to use the Eibaich Springs with Koni Inserts. I was looking on Rockauto at the Monroe Strut & Mount Kit just not sure how well that mount will hold. Should i just buy everything seperate and just get acdelco mounts?

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Re: Strut Mounts

Post by heavywoody »

Anything is better than KYB mounts...

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I used ACDelco ones in both my 96 and 90 when I did the job... Both were mounts for a 96 car, they obviously fit the 90 fine since the strut tower never changed but I never tested the Koni inserts on 91 and older upper mounts and IIRC the stud length of the strut is shorter on 92+ meaning the older mount probably wouldn't work with the Koni insert.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

Unless you have the KONI inserts that were made to fit the car, then you need the older strut mounts (or something to take up the space)

Cliff Scott
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Someone having original L-body inserts that haven't been used yet... that's blasphemy... LOL odds are he got a set of the J-body ones, or is planning on using the Mitsubishi ones.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
93 3.1L

Post by 93 3.1L »

heavywoody wrote:Anything is better than KYB mounts...
Yeah i have read on here about the KYB not been a good mount, thats why i wanted to know if the Monroe ones were a better choice.
3X00-Modified wrote:I used ACDelco ones in both my 96 and 90 when I did the job... Both were mounts for a 96 car, they obviously fit the 90 fine since the strut tower never changed but I never tested the Koni inserts on 91 and older upper mounts and IIRC the stud length of the strut is shorter on 92+ meaning the older mount probably wouldn't work with the Koni insert.
I guess i will go with the AcDelco. Dont want to have to take the suspension apart to replace the mounts. My car is a 93 not sure if the 96 mount would be different.
Cliff8928 wrote:Unless you have the KONI inserts that were made to fit the car, then you need the older strut mounts (or something to take up the space)
The inserts i have are for the Cavalier.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

As noted any year mount will fit any year car, I was 100% successful with the 96s and the konis. I know 93-94 is a different part number but I'm not sure why. I know pre 93 is different all together tho.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"