Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg5**

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg5*

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm done....

Also personal attacks are against forum rules but I wont be the one who warns you because that's a conflict of interest and honestly right about now I would ban you but I'm going to be the better person and walk away realizing that crap I do is taken for granted so much by some and that will ruin it for the others. I'm just a know it all tire changer on a race team..... Get to know someone a bit more than one meeting at a drag strip before you open your mouth like that again, You have no idea what I do on that race team let alone what I even know about these cars, OR attempt to do for the group.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I appreciate the leg work to get these done. Cant wait to receive mine.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
weba

Post by weba »

Those bushings look great.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Came in today. They look good!

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Looks good. Another set sold. Thanks.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Hey these look pretty cool! I was wondering if I can get doug's contact info to arrange another buy for these (or group pending demand). My car is built around handling and I think these would fall in that department. Thanks in advance for making the effort to see these into fruition!

88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

If you want to try for more you can call Global West @ 877-470-2975. You can ask for Doug and see if he"ll make some more. Be forewarned that he can be grossly unreliable when it comes to getting back to you. Amatuer, what year is your car? If it's newer than a 93 you'll have to swap to the older subframes and control arms to use these. There is no way to get these made for the rear bushing on the 94-96 arms.

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Thank you kindly. Yeah I know about the swap. I was going to do it anyways either way to accommodate the poly bushings I have, and personally I like the older setup better. I'll give him a call the first week of November when I have money, but in the meantime, just to get an accurate count (not making any promises until I have a chat with good ole doug), how many would actually be interested in a set?

1. Amateur
3. and so on...

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

So Jon happened to have an extra one unspoken for which means I will not be talking to doug. I'm just going to get it from him but the information is there if anyone else is wanting to give it a whirl.

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

i would be interested if we can get another group of us i just got laid off or else one of these sets would have been mine but did go to my old car (woody90gtz) so maybe itll be put to use :)

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I'll fix that car some day...

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

Since I havent had the opportunity to get to my buddies garage to throw the bushings in I figured I'd fit the zirc fittings into one of my spare control arms to get an idea on clearances. After drilling and installing it I don't forsee any issues with the fitting in the subframe. In the pic you can see that if you drill according to the directions at a shallow angle, it fits very well into the shallow portion of the arm. The best I can figure is if the raised side of the control arm dont hit the subframe then there's no way in hell that the fitting will. I didn't install the bushings because they're press fit and this isn't the arm I'm using on either of my cars.
Attachments
controlarmclearance1.jpg
controlarmclearance2.jpg

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

just that simple... good stuff

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

<ModCap status=OKAY! Value=WHUT!>

Okay, couple things:

Firstly, I think there was MASSIVE MISCOMMUNICATION in this thread. Jon was asking plenty of good questions and from what I have seen there was some bush beating and a few circles were involved. I did see that a few people were saying "DERP! IT'S EASY!" instead of answering, or attempting to answer. Hell I've forgotten more about my cars maintenance and mods in the past 6 years to choke several horses, so I was right there thinking "How in dafuq does this work" Up until the middle of page 5 everyone was calm, cool, and Jon was full of questions concerning other things that I also wondered about. What is the maint required on these? How often? How hard is the installation? While these questions are EASYILY answered when you HAVE the parts installed, seeing as that was not the case it could have been easily answered by the manufacturer.

I do think that J(88_GTU) seemed to have taken these questions as a direct assault for some reason. His response to Jon's post about press fitting the bushings in came off rather rude. Quoting J:
... "Someone" did ask. Countless times. I left a ton of voicemails and sent a ton of emails so you can quit with that line. If you want to know if he'll make more than you can do the legwork this time. I can't say that I was very happy with the lack of answers or contact I received from the gentleman I worked with at GW but I've been far less happy with the crap I've dealt with from you. ...
If you don't have an answer for someone, why couldn't you just say "Hey, I asked, but have yet to receive a response about that. I'll keep asking though"? I get that "someone" was talking to the company, but it doesn't give that "someone" permission to talk to someone else this way, who has legitimate questions! I also don't understand how an initial question of "how exactly do these get installed" is not as good as another question asked about the grease fitting. I feel there was no need to be rude about one persons question, then turn around and tell someone "great question!" in the same post...

The old saying "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people" comes to mind...

After reading through all posts, I feel that Jon tried to defend himself a couple of times and while he got pretty heated up in his second to last post, he was fine. I also feel that while J DID NOT openly attack Jon, the content of previous comments posted skirted that grey area like a Scotsman on a windy day. Realize that this is the Inter webs, and while it is "srsbisnis" we should treat each other the way we would want to be treated. Maybe proofreading and message context should be checked before clicking that big shiny "SUBMIT" button, as it would have helped everyone involved out.

</ModCap>

Secondly, another one of Jon's questions still stand. Were there any conversations about setting up a group buy with this company other then the 5 units purchased already? If not, could the contact information be posted so that we could elect a ball roller for this? I would like to buy two sets, so if anyone else is interested speak up!

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

^^ Contact info has already been posted here
If you want to try for more you can call Global West @ 877-470-2975. You can ask for Doug and see if he"ll make some more. Be forewarned that he can be grossly unreliable when it comes to getting back to you. Amatuer, what year is your car? If it's newer than a 93 you'll have to swap to the older subframes and control arms to use these. There is no way to get these made for the rear bushing on the 94-96 arms.