NULL STATUS

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Beretta1234567

NULL STATUS

Post by Beretta1234567 »

NULL STATUS
Last edited by Beretta1234567 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

#1 stunna

Re: 4 things that happened, maybe questions. haha

Post by #1 stunna »

The bolts that stick through the cowl and the wiper arms are splined and tend to wear out over time... i had no wipers for years ( rainx is your friend )

Never had any fuel reg problems

Cut the stuck exhaust bolt with a jigsaw , hacksaw , sawzall , or whatever works

Alot of little hondas and mustangs wanna race me all the time , guess it looks fast lol

88 beretta
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/517217
03 monte carlo ss
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

It seems to me like a rare thing for an FPR to go bad. I have heard about it, but not very many times. But I'm thinking about all the FPR's like ours that have been or still on the road.
Almost the samething on the wipers. It does happen,but not often.
I have always had slow cars and have learned to let those fools go. Also with the loss of my 3.1 I have no thoughts of even spanking some fool that thinks his small SUV is fast. Yeah I did that once with the old 90GT(lol).

keep'em flying!
Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

Glad to know my car is trolling me and those parts dont commonly break.

I lets them go, the best part was one time I took of at a light fast with my car and ii didnt know the guy wanted to "race" till after I got up to the speed limit. I was going 55 and a few seconds later I see a guy go by as fast as he could.
About a minute after that I saw a cop pull out and pull him,over. Lol
I beeped my horn when I went by, he was mad. :D
I just like to floor it sometimes, I find it amuzing. But only if I'm first car and its a clear dry day. :)

Money pit Beretta

LOL good story.

It's damn hard not to take off the line fast with a 3.1L. I don't even try with the 3100 it's just not built for that.

keep'em flying!
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

i think you are just getting lucky with the age of the car (and parts). kinda freak accidents and repairs that you are dealing with.

sounds like you have to drill out a broken bolt, or find a replacement hanger if it's in beat up shape now.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

Yah, but that welded exhaust muffler nut up under the unibody left rear next to the bumper, is hard to get any kind of power tool at that welded nut.
I have to keep trying, eventually I'll either drill it, cut it, or melt if off.
Money pit Beretta wrote:LOL good story.

It's damn hard not to take off the line fast with a 3.1L. I don't even try with the 3100 it's just not built for that.
I know, It always seems to like it when it goes faster. When I take of gentle/slow and drive to save gas, after a while it just starts to act like its choking on itself. So I like to push it now and then to help clean it out. Seems to like it.

Money pit Beretta

They do like to run! It's just an old engine that gets build up on the intake valves quick. You can grand ma it, but you will have to steam clean it often. A super build up killer is Sea Foam. I said steam clean because it is cheap. A five buck spray bottle that you can refill with your own tap water.

keep'em flying!
Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

Money pit Beretta wrote:They do like to run! It's just an old engine that gets build up on the intake valves quick. You can grand ma it, but you will have to steam clean it often. A super build up killer is Sea Foam. I said steam clean because it is cheap. A five buck spray bottle that you can refill with your own tap water.
I like the tap water idea.
I can't wait till I get to 25 years. Then I'll be done with the dum EPA and I can turn off the EGR. That will help reduce buildup somewhat.
I disconnected it before on an 88 Beretta I once had, its catalytic got to hot and the pipe literally just broke off. So I plan on putting a straight pipe in place of my converter on my 90 car. Hopefully it won't get to much louder, Its already loud enough as it is with a new muffler.

My friend said it best when he got pulled over at a place we worked together at with his Trans Am, no converters or mufflers, open pipes:
"But officer, it was always this loud." You could hear his car from about a mile away when he punches it, haha

Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

The FPR has a rubber diaphram inside. The rubber gets old and cracks. It's not super common, but it happens. The "newer" one you put on was likely just rotted from not being used. It happens to the best of us :).

Gotta love the ricers.. I just let them go. Not worth me getting a ticket to pwn a n00b. :P

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
beretta

Post by beretta »

Cutting torches can be your best friend removing a stuck or broken bolt. if your able to get vise grips on it and get it heated up glowing red she will come out easy