Hose ID help needed ASAP

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Ryan from Ohio

Hose ID help needed ASAP

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

I think this is what they call "Pressure Line Assembly: To Gear; Vin 500001 & After"

My car is the 500K+ type...

Anyhow I hope this is the hose, looking for a quick yup or nope so I dont waste cash.

Currently my power steering leaks just sitting there and its always squealing/loosing power steering. Obvious there is a LEAK somewhere... Have puddle to prove...lol

Anyhow I noticed that hose when doing a motor swap but didnt replace as I was unsure of the motor I was installing...

Help, quick. GOnna leave in 1.2 hour to buy parts for this weekends exercises in auto repai...

Ryan from Ohio

Hose ID help needed ASAP

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Come on guys!

THe womans about got her hair done! lol

THat means its almost time to go!

docrodg

Hose ID help needed ASAP

Post by docrodg »

That looks like the return hose.  Definately not repaired by a good mechanic either.  Also check around the pump for the leak.  The Orings get old and lose their seal on the pressure hose fitting and the resevoir fitting.  You can verify it is the return hose by tracking it to the pump, if connected on the side and underneath the res it is the pressure line, if on the side of the tank and coming down onto a plastic pipe it is return.

At least you will have plenty of hose clamps if you need them.  

If that is the return hose you may want to put a flare on the pipe to help seal it.  IF the pressure hose it definately needs replaced.