new rebuilt 3.1 but no vessel :(

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.

Post by Guest »

Hey all, I'm new here but not with the site.I bought a 91 beretta GT the begining of my freshmen year of highschool and stumbled across this site one day, I'm 21 now and still have it.....or whats left.I wrecked my car 2 years+ ago doing over 100MPH.I didn't receive but one scratch on my forehead from the vent cover that sits next to the windshield.The car is still in operating shape but barely.As you can imagine, the whole suspension and frame has been tweaked,bent, or just bluntly ripped off.After lots of time and money i was able to repair enough of the undercarriage to drive, but it was like driving a washing machine.1 month after the wreck my 3.1 engine threw a rod, no big deal considering it had 217,000+ miles.So i rebuilt the engine from the block and back threw some paint on it and put in back in the car and.... the tranny locked.So not being able to bring myself to rebuild it, my Question is: Will a 3.1 that had came out of an automatic interchange with a standard(Minus of course flywheel issues and other minor things)?Or am I limited to keep on trying to find another 3.1 auto?  I love this car, and am extremely loyal to it, so if I can swap my original engine into another car, It'll be on the road and i'll be smiling when I drive again.-Thanx-

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

yes they will, as long as it is a V6 transmission.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

Post by Guest »

Thanx for the reply,The car I'm intending to buy is a 92' GT but has a blown 2.8 base in it and is again a 5 speed,I just want to make sure before I purchase it and try the swap.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

90-96 Never had the option for a 2.8.  Only 87-89 did.

_________
-------------

Post by Guest »

ahh!,I just mistyped it's an 89(thinking about mine) anyway same question-Will the 2.8's 5 speed transimission bolt up to the 3.1 from my 92 automatic?thanx and sorry for the mistake

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Yes the FWD 2.8MPFI manual trans will bolt up to the 3.1MPFI.  You'll need to do some labour to get it done right.

_________
-------------