Emergency..Please Help Right AWAY!

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.

Post by Guest »

Hello people, I'm doing the transmission mount on my 93' 3.1 beretta with the 3 speed automatic. I've got all four mount to frame bolts off.  There is a center, recessed female hex head bolt, 8mm. It attaches the whole mount to a cylinder shaped thing that is part of the tranny. I tried using every ounce of strength I have to get it off and it won't budge. I am turning it counterclockwise. Its going to rain here for the next 4 days straight and I thought this would be a simple job. I'm replacing the tranny mount, which is total shite, before I get the control arm assemblies and new cv halfshafts put on.

PLEASE help me if you know what I'm talking about, I want to finish this today!!

docrodg

Post by docrodg »

It should come right off.  Try a breaker bar and some WD-40 soaking to see if it releases.  THey can get rather jammed up or have threadlock on them.

Post by Guest »

Tried soaking with deep creep and the biggest, burliest breaker bar I have, with all my might, and that good damn 8mm bolt won't come off. For *ucks sake! It goes to the shop next week, and they can deal with the tranny mount and all the other crap, i have to stop working on this car before I stab myself in the eye with a screwdriver out of frustration and rage.