Am/fm/cd radio

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.

Am/fm/cd radio

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know what model of a factory deco am/fm/cd radio will replace the am/afm/cassette radio in my 1996 beretta?
I am sure there is one.
Thanks.

Rodville

Am/fm/cd radio

Post by Rodville »

I have a 1999 S-10 cd player in my 94. But you have to modify the mounting bracket alittle.

docrodg

Am/fm/cd radio

Post by docrodg »

If you are good with a moto-tool you can make a bracket for a regular DIN unit.  I put a blaupunkt in my Saturn that way, just cut the existing dash to take out the big ugly factory unit and then made a faceplate that fit in the hole for the new radio.  IF you are careful with the cut you can do the same on the beretta, then just reinforce behind where the radio sits and make a couple of brackets and you are home free.  Brass works nice for this as it is easy to cut and the brackets etc. can be soldered on with plumbers solder and a torch; that is how I did my original Saturn.  The new one required a new face too so I used aluminum sheet I had laying around (It was more complicated, with a little cuddy hole for sunglasses under the radio I made) and welded it with the MIG, but unless you have a pricey welder you oughtta go with brass if you take this route as it is cheaper.