Windshield Wipers

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
2.2H8TA

Windshield Wipers

Post by 2.2H8TA »

What kind of wiper blades do you use on your Beretta?
The wipers on both of my Berettas suck! They drag across the windshield bad.
I've always just bought the cheap annco brand blades, well because I'm cheap.
Anyone have a suggestion on a more expensive brand of wipers that don't drag across the windshield of these cars? I don't want to spend extra cash on something that is gonna suck just as bad.

1994 AQUA ZED
BerettaGTchick

Re: Windshield Wipers

Post by BerettaGTchick »

I use the Rain-X Latitude wiper blades. I absolutely love them. I had the same pair on my old GTZ for the 2 years I owned it and I bought a pair for my GT a year ago and they still work great!

~1991 Chevy Beretta GT - 3.1L, automatic :)

themixer

Post by themixer »

I buy the $6 ones and replace them once a year, always work for me. New ones are always better than half worn out expensive ones

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Try a new set of wipers. You obvious need them anyway.
If that doesn't work then your wiper arms are either out of alignment with your windshield and may be bent, OR the tension is no longer enough and you need new wiper arms entirely.
These cars are all ~20 years old and the spring tension can be compromised significantly.

Probably not what you want to hear, but that's part of getting old.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

The blades are new, this happens whether the blades are new or old. It could very well be an issue of the pressure applied by the arms themselves, but I'm looking for opinions on other more expensive blades that may sit on the windshield better.

1994 AQUA ZED
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I use Rain-X latitude as well... Never had problems with them.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I thought my eyes were bad, but it was my 90GT's warped windshield. I would say that was more on the inside or between layers. If you looked at it from an angle on the inside you could see very nicely shaped waves.
I can't remember for sure if the new windshield helped wiper bounce. I think it did, but sometimes wipers just get too much grip(doing their job too well). Try some Rain X in the bottle, that could make the water bead up more and lube the wiper more. I swear sometimes they just have to break in or just get a little harder before they work right(lol).

I've used Annco for years. Then there is Rain X and Bosch also, triple edge too(don't think they make those anymore and I know why).

keep'em flying!
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Trico Flex blades look really good too, as do the previously mentioned Latitudes. I can't stand the high price of wiper blades though, so I buy them from Rock Auto -whatever they have for really cheap, then maybe go up in quality a little. I've never had a problem with Aancos either though, aside from the fact that they are usually bad in less than a year, flat and dried-out. Most recently, I've bought some Bosch's, and some teflon ones, but those are not installed yet. I can't remember what I put on the Yellow Indy last winter, but they are still working great. They were probably the 'NAPA' teflon ones, I bought a ton of them...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26