Stroked 3.1?

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Oki_Hero

Stroked 3.1?

Post by Oki_Hero »

So after much deliberation and research I think trying to stroke my 2.2 would be more than I'm willing to pay for the performance I'd gain. Now I'm considering stroking a 3.1 and would like to know the general cost and part availability for a project like this. Mind you I'm not a master mechanic or anything and this would be my first serious build that I would be doing just looking for a point in the right direction. My project ( which I have dubbed Emerald Knight) is not going to be a super competitive drag just a fun little replacement for the ln2 that I have and maybe put on the strip on the weekends. Thanks for help in advance.

96 Corsica 2.2 3 speed auto (awaiting building)
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Stroked 3.1?

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You're looking at the minimum a 100% custom crankshaft since the 3.1 crank is already a stroked version of the 2.8. What's the need to do a stroked engine? Honestly I don't know if you would be gaining that much from doing it. You can get way more bang for the buck when it comes to just starting with a 3x00 engine and doing higher compression with HG thickness and head shaving and then a cam on top of that.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

Yeah I was thinking about it already being stroked but figured it could be done again. Excuse my being a little wet behind the ears but what would you suggest the head gasket thickness etc be?

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Can you elaborate more on the Beretta's main purpose and what conditions it will often and sometimes be exposed to?

_________
-------------
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

It's my daily I'm turning into a project. I'm already driving it but I figured instead of dumping money into my current ln2 I'd be happier learning to build a motor then once I canswap it in at some later point