Negative battery cable

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
kmkk1010

Negative battery cable

Post by kmkk1010 »

Hey guys. I noticed recently that the bolt that grounds my negative battery cable to the engine block is all corroded and is probably at least in part responsible for a flickering battery light. Anyway I would like to remove the bolt and clean up the connection. I believe I can get a socket in there to remove the bolt but I don't think there is enough room for me to get my hand in there to actually clean it up. Is there a nearby, more convenient bolt hole that I can reattach the negative cable to so it is not so much of a pain to get at? Again I think I can get a socket in there to remove the bolt ,but it will be quite another thing to get something in there to clean it up. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Negative battery cable

Post by 3X00-Modified »

If you can get in there to get if off I would strongly suggest re-attaching it back to the same point.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
kmkk1010

Re: Negative battery cable

Post by kmkk1010 »

Ok, thanks. I thought maybe someone had found a better spot for it. I'm sure it's never been touched, but I'll try to get at it and try to sand it or rough it up with something with an extension. It looks as if the cable is also clipped to the block right at that bolt..can you confirm that and if so, in what manner does the clip release? Thanks for any help..