Sunroof Question

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
tweeky95

Sunroof Question

Post by tweeky95 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and I have a question I'm dying to ask. I have a 1995 z26 that I love. I love everything about the car..except one little thing.

It doesn't have a sunroof!

I was thinking about having one installed, but im unsure of one thing. Should I buy an aftermarket one, or can I go to the junkyard and get an OEM assembly? I would really rather have an OEM one. Any advice would be awesome! Thank you!

Money pit Beretta

Re: Sunroof Question

Post by Money pit Beretta »

As you can see, the OEM one would be too hard to put in. This is my first car with a sunroof and I fear that large hail will break the glass and my car will fill up with rain water. The aftermarket ones are a thicker, but most are powered. To me it's just something else that may cause problems down the road.

keep'em flying!
tweeky95

Post by tweeky95 »

Oh wow, I see.

I do understand that it is something that can cause more trouble down the road, but theres something about sunroofs I love! I guess I'll have to go down to the install shop and ask if they have any that aren't powered. I'm just looking for a simple, manual one.

Thanks for the picture. :)

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Sure man, gald to help. Hope it's everything you want it to be.

keep'em flying!
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I dont think installing one would be that difficult if you are good with a welder. Make sure you grab the drain lines that run down the A & B pillars out through the rockers. They are hidden behind the interior panels.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Best way to install a factory sunroof is to pull all glass, and then remove the eintre roof by drilling out the spot welds and transfering that roof to your car. I've seen in done before but he was a body guy, so the end result was seam less, and amazing in my mind that he would go that far for a sunroof.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"