weird steering...

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
rstlsswndr4

weird steering...

Post by rstlsswndr4 »

i just drove my new Beretta and the steering is a little strange.. like the car turns but after the turn the steering wheel isnt straight when you go back straight. basically it will be perfectly centered befor the turn but after its like 30 degrees off but the car still goes straight...

Money pit Beretta

Re: weird steering...

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I could be wrong, but I think the rack is out. When mine was going out I could turn the wheel and the tires would move and then just stop while the wheel kept going. I'm thinking that you wheels are straightening up as you come out of the turn and the wheel is not going along with it.

keep'em flying!
Mr. Beefy

Post by Mr. Beefy »

Check your control arms to make sure they are not cracked or broken. Do you hear any noises when you turn and is it only one side or both?

Rodville

Post by Rodville »

If the control arms and rack look ok check how the rack is mounted. On our cars we have a infamous cowl leak and it can on occasion cause the firewall to rust out where the rack mounts. Open the hood and have someone inside turning the wheel and make sure the rack doesn't move.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I had issues with my rack having a little bit of wiggle on the firewall, but you could feel in the steering as well. Are you getting any abnormal feedback in the wheel?

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube