For Sale rules: A few questions.

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
99GaGT3X00

Re: For Sale rules: A few questions.

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

Chad91GTZ wrote:Sending money for an item as a gift is stupid. You, as the sender, can pay the fees for the recipient. Its an option listed when you send a payment.
people use to do that to get out of the fees. well it was more on the sellers end but ebay has put an end to that and now charges a fee for sending as a gift so there is nothing to gain from sending it that way.

if people don't want to deal with paypal use amazon payments iirc they don't charge fee's to send money to people.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
SummitBalt08

Re: Re: For Sale rules: A few questions.

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Chad91GTZ wrote:Sending money for an item as a gift is stupid. You, as the sender, can pay the fees for the recipient. Its an option listed when you send a payment.
For those of us that have good feedback I don't see what the big deal is to use the gift option. Why waste the extra money??

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SummitBalt08 wrote:
For those of us that have good feedback I don't see what the big deal is to use the gift option. Why waste the extra money??
It's a guideline to protect you and us for that matter, I have to post it so someone can't say I didn't tell them to be aware of what can happen. Can it be re-worded to simply advice against it if your not familiar with the seller... yes.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

SummitBalt08 wrote: For those of us that have good feedback I don't see what the big deal is to use the gift option. Why waste the extra money??
guess you missed my post and haven't seen the fact that they now charge a fee to send money as a gift if you pay using a credit/debit card but if you pay with a paypal balance ir your checking account linked with the account there isn't a fee..

from what i have seen you lose your right to a claim if you use the send as a gift option.

3400/3500 Hybrid

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Also, I have no problem with a VIN being posted. You can come get my VIN off my car whenever you want. If its your car, why do you care if someone on eBay or elsewhere is using your VIN to scam someone else? Its not like you're going to be arrested. Its not a social security number. Same with license plates. Who cares?

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
SummitBalt08

Re: Re: Re: For Sale rules: A few questions.

Post by SummitBalt08 »

99GaGT3X00 wrote:
SummitBalt08 wrote: For those of us that have good feedback I don't see what the big deal is to use the gift option. Why waste the extra money??
guess you missed my post and haven't seen the fact that they now charge a fee to send money as a gift if you pay using a credit/debit card but if you pay with a paypal balance ir your checking account linked with the account there isn't a fee..

from what i have seen you lose your right to a claim if you use the send as a gift option.
I did miss your post lol my bad. I got my checking account linked to my paypal and I never got charged for gifting. So I had no idea they charged when you used a debit/credit card.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Because the credit it debit card has a fee to the merchant. Paypal just passes that on to you.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Chad91GTZ wrote:Also, I have no problem with a VIN being posted. You can come get my VIN off my car whenever you want. If its your car, why do you care if someone on eBay or elsewhere is using your VIN to scam someone else? Its not like you're going to be arrested. Its not a social security number. Same with license plates. Who cares?
Agreed. I didnt look into it much, but what could someone do with my VIN that affects me?

mickaz

Post by mickaz »

Barry wrote:
Chad91GTZ wrote:Also, I have no problem with a VIN being posted. You can come get my VIN off my car whenever you want. If its your car, why do you care if someone on eBay or elsewhere is using your VIN to scam someone else? Its not like you're going to be arrested. Its not a social security number. Same with license plates. Who cares?
Agreed. I didnt look into it much, but what could someone do with my VIN that affects me?

if the car is registered to your name and licensed....Nothing! It's the Buyer who is responsible to check before buying a car to see if everything is in order.

Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Exactly why I didn't think I was asking for a first born requiring the vin to be posted, but SGR feels different about that.

I don't understand why people will argue posting up information that will add further detail to the sale item, such as the vin, and or photos.. What are you hiding? That's MY question.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

3X00-Modified wrote: I don't understand why people will argue posting up information that will add further detail to the sale item, such as the vin, and or photos.. What are you hiding? That's MY question.
and those are the listings i pass over when looking at things.

as for the posting of a VIN if it was such a huge problem then what about all the cars on autotrader for example.

i honestly don't see the big deal some people are making. provide an accurate detailed description or what your selling. simple enough isn't it.

3400/3500 Hybrid

Mikey Morris

Post by Mikey Morris »

Posting a VIN can be risky in my eyes.

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

When was the last time we all saw a VIN number, or the request for one for that matter, on a vehicle that the youngest model year is approching 17 years old to run through Carfax??? The only reason i would want the VIN on a car this old is to check for a lien holder. I think that this is where group tenure steps in - by the time members have reached any sort of limit to sell something, more times than not we are going to know the history of what is being sold AND we have all been around these vehicles long enough to know what to look for. This is becoming a bigger issue than it needs to be...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Everyone says Vin is risky.. TELL ME WHY give me an example! What can someone do with YOUR Vin that will affect YOUR car.

Sorry I don't care HOW old the car is I wouldn't buy it without having the Vin in hand to do a background check on it to make sure its never been totaled, how many hands its changed, and also to check on were it originated from, since sometimes you want to know if something is a true south car or not, or find out of it was a fleet car and so on.

I just pulled this from an E-bay listing where its REQUIRED

Vehicle History Report Summary
1996 Chevrolet Corsica
VIN #:1G1LD5541TY256625
Report Run Date:Oct-27-2011

Anyone want to rip it off? I just don't get it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Yeah, that's the same problem I have. Someone show us an example of the risk associated with having your VIN public and how it affects you... Otherwise, this issue needs put to bed.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan