wrecked 95 z26-$500 FIRM Located in St Louis

List a Beretta Item for sale
Ozzwoman9

Re: wrecked 95 z26-$500 FIRM Located in St Louis

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

3X00-Modified wrote:I am a bit surprised though that the other party did not make a claim against your insurance which I could only assume would have triggered an event on your policy/vehicle and carfax. Then again maybe they are not allowed to mark the VIN with that claim since you didn't make one and there was no inspection/assessment made of your vehicle for value or damage.
I was breaking so hard my car nose dived and went under her bumper. She only had a few marks on her bumper and her tailpipe was bent. It's possible she didn't file a claim. Plus her car was registered in another state, even though she lived in MO. So if she did get her car fixed it probably cost less for her insurance to just eat the cost as opposed to going IL to file a lawsuit against me since I technically did not have insurance. And yes, my insurance agent has stood behind me, but since there has been not report to attempt to claim on her part it has not been an issue. I was issued a ticket for this for the insurance issue and I always have better luck being my own lawyer, so that was dismissed.

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

"My previous GT was crashed. The insurance totaled it out, cut me the check less the buyback. The title never changed hands and it was never marked as salvage."

I know nothing about your situation but
when my daughter had an accident. Her car was totaled.
I looked into buying the car back from State Farm and that is what I was told.

Here is a link to the state of Illinois:
http://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/salvaged-vehicles.php
I do see the documentation of parts, is for cars less than 8 years old only
but the rest seems like a pita to me. That is why we let her car go to scrap.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Cliff8928 wrote:My previous GT was crashed. The insurance totaled it out, cut me the check less the buyback. The title never changed hands and it was never marked as salvage.
My "old" '88 Camaro has been 'totalled' two or three times now, the first time was before I owned it (the car was T-boned so hard it tore the control arm from the rear axle and pushed said axle back far enough to drag the drive-shaft out of the tranny and along the ground), the other times were after I bought it. It still has a clean title, the same thing happened with this car where the title was never released and the car was being bought back. It has been (and still is) a great car.

When my '95 Z-26 was wrecked, it wasn't actually mine -I had sold the car to my niece and she wrecked into someone who randomly stopped on the highway -and yes it was still legally my niece's fault-, but I bought it back and fixed it for around $200. New hood ($35), new passenger-side fender ($15), radiator ($35 or $50), header panel and headlights I already had, but were worth maybe $35 for the whole setup, and $120 for the windshield, installed. I was lucky enough to find a '96 base in the yard that was the same Black Rose Metallic as my Z, and I replaced the previously damaged passenger-side door while I was at it for $25. It cost me $200 to buy the car back from my niece, and I threw in another hundred bucks or two to make up the difference for her down-payment on the Cobalt I found for her. My Z had been side-swiped pretty badly before I got it the first time, damaging the door and quarter-panel, but it also still has a clean title. Carfax may or may not show any of these accidents, I don't know or care. But, my Z wasn't in as nice of shape as this one was, although it also wasn't hit as hard in that last accident. I too have a spare upper radiator tie-bar hanging in the garage, it cost something like $15 or $20 from "Sorta-Fit" (AKA "Certi-Fit"), originally bought to fix the '92 Grand Am I had bought years ago. A few hours of spot-weld drilling and re-welding, some body-part swapping, paint if need be, and this Z would be fine -maybe or maybe not a show-car, but easily a daily-driver for much less than $2-$3k...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

It probably comes down to if one collected from their own insurance. If they did, insurance co. don't want to insure a badly wrecked vehicle in the future if it's not safe so the title gets a salvage tacked onto it at the DMV.
You can run the vin at the DMV and find the current status of the title.
I followed my daughters car and found it wound up as being "junked".
If you don't have collision or if the other insurance paid and doesn't care, then the accident might not show up on the title.

neech

Post by neech »

thats too bad..that was a nice looking car..pretty well just parts now unless you fix it

93 retta gt quasar
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

*bump
I need the space in my driveway. Possibly interested in trades of equal value.

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

I'd be interested but the purchase price on top of the ~$225 in fuel to pick it up makes it a bit too pricey. I'd assume that the reason it's still for sale is a lot of people are in the same boat as me. I have a truck/trailer but I've gotta look at the total cost of the purchase.

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
Ozzwoman9

wrecked 95 z26-$500 FIRM Located in St Louis

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

It's new owner came and put a deposit down on it today :)
The person owns a body shop and is going to fix it up for a relative and offered to let me drive it once he's done with it! I'm just glad someone is fixing it and not sending it to the scrappers. I'm helping him find a few parts for it too since I know where to get them.

1995 Beretta Z26 3100
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Glad to hear it will be saved.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

I got sent a picture of it about 24 hours after he picked it up! Definitely awesome to get an update so soon :)

1995 Beretta Z26 3100