Post by metalhead212121 »

Posting this for a friend.

95 Beretta Z26
130,000 miles
Auto
Power windows and locks
Custom Hood and paint
No sunroof

Overall its a pretty clean car. Picture doesn't do the car justice when it comes to the paint.

Looking to get 3,000 or best offer. Cash talks.

Best way to reach me is email. My email address is dhstart4746 at y a h o o. c o m

I do have more pics...

Dan
Attachments
DSC02511.JPG

Asylum

Re: 95 Beretta Z26 for sale

Post by Asylum »

Post more pics, especially known rust areas like door jams etc.

Location might help as well.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Ditto. Having thoughts about this one. Need to replace the BMR/purple base. Too much rust.

keep'em flying!
metalhead212121

Sorry I had a brain fart when I DIDN'T post a location. The car is in Northern NJ. I haven't gone over the car with a fine tooth comb but I doubt there is any rust on this car. I know that statement sounds crazy but this car is pretty damn clean for its age. The owner is a fanatic about the car! It was in a minor fender bender (rear bumper was hit) and right away he was on the hunt for another rear bumper cover. I looked at the so called "damage" and I couldn't see it. Keep in mind the owner is a body guy by trade and he swore that the bumper cover was damaged. End result was part of the car was repainted.

Truth be told I've known about this site for many years. I was always into Cavaliers (J-body's) and was at one time an active member on v 6 z 2 4 . c o m (Same user name on v 6 z 2 4. c o m) I'm familiar with typical J-body rust but not L body rust. Do they like to rust out in the same spots? AGAIN I don't think I've seen a spec of rust on this car. YES I have looked underneath it while it was on a lift. To the best of my knowledge the car ISN'T garaged kept. Pictures don't do the car justice IMO.

I uploaded a couple more pics... YES the car is an Automatic WITH a Hurst shifter. Don't ask me why he did it. He told me he does have the stock shifter. YES those are MSD wires on the car. Again.. I don't know why. The motor is stock. He does put Royal Purple motor oil in the car along with a royal purple oil filter. I JUST witnessed him do this a couple days ago when the oil pressure sensor took a crap on him.

Just passed NJ inspection and is good for two years. If you have a OBD1 car (like this is) you HAVE to go for the "sniffer tail pipe" test. The results are sent right to the state... I've lived in NJ my whole life and be in the automotive industry for 15 years. I don't know ANYONE I could bribe for a inspection sticker. NOBODY wants to get involved with something like that.
Attachments
DSC02513.JPG
DSC02516.JPG
DSC02518.JPG
DSC02514.JPG

Money pit Beretta

What are the toggle switches for? Really hate those things.

keep'em flying!
metalhead212121

Money pit Beretta wrote:What are the toggle switches for? Really hate those things.
Off the top of my head I'm not 100% sure.... Apparently he added fog lights in the front bumper cover. He's got a couple aftermarket gauges tucked into the custom hood. I'll attach a pic.
Attachments
DSC02517.JPG

Money pit Beretta

Seems like there are bad spots on the paint or is that dirt? It's on the quarter panel, spoiler and near the side glass.

keep'em flying!
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Looks like a not bad '95 with some "racey" type parts that the owner thought were impressive but serve absolutely no useful purpose.

To each his own I suppose.

Cowl hood is neat and looks like it may have a hood latch. (No hood pins?)

At that mileage LIM gaskets are overdue, and just a matter of time.

Basically a not bad $1500 - $1800 car if rust is not a major issue..

Just my .02

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
metalhead212121

Money pit Beretta wrote:Seems like there are bad spots on the paint or is that dirt? It's on the quarter panel, spoiler and near the side glass.
Its dirt TRUST ME...

metalhead212121

Asylum wrote:Looks like a not bad '95 with some "racey" type parts that the owner thought were impressive but serve absolutely no useful purpose.

To each his own I suppose.

Cowl hood is neat and looks like it may have a hood latch. (No hood pins?)

At that mileage LIM gaskets are overdue, and just a matter of time.

Basically a not bad $1500 - $1800 car if rust is not a major issue..

Just my .02
Personally I'm with you on the "racey" parts. I don't really care for his mod's but its his car not mine. I don't see anything on the car that can't be converted back to stock. Finding a stock hood MIGHT be a little hard. lol

There are no hood pins... The hood opens just like it did from the factory.

I don't know what the lowest ($$$ wise) he'd take for it. It really couldn't hurt to shoot him a low offer and see what he says.

I know on v 6 z 2 4 . c o m some guys would travel MANY HOURS just to pick up a clean/rust free shell (running or not running) so I figured it couldn't hurt to post the car here.

Dan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Not to be nit picky but to prove the rust free quality of this shell you will have to provide pics of the rear upper spring mounts on the frame as well as the cross bar between these two spring perches and pics of the door jambs below the hinge of the front door... As well as under the car in that same location.

Those are all the major problem area's that many don't show pics of since they don't know to look there.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
metalhead212121

3X00-Modified wrote:Not to be nit picky but to prove the rust free quality of this shell you will have to provide pics of the rear upper spring mounts on the frame as well as the cross bar between these two spring perches and pics of the door jambs below the hinge of the front door... As well as under the car in that same location.

Those are all the major problem area's that many don't show pics of since they don't know to look there.
You DO have a valid point... if there's someone out there that is SERIOUSLY interested in this car I'll try to persuade the owner to put it up on a lift and take pics of the problem rust/rot areas.

Like I said before its not my car and I'm just trying to possibly help one of you guys on here buy a car and possibly help out the owner of the car.

I get it.. it's not tough to put the car up on lift and take pics. The owner of the car DOESN'T have a full size lift. He only has a mid rise lift in his shop. The shop itself is small so he's always jockeying cars around. I don't want to go to him and say "Guys want pics of the under carriage" without saying there's serious "interest" in the car. I know..its somewhat of a stalemate situation.

Thanks for the tip as to where the common rot area are.

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I talked to the owner of this last winter when he had it on craigslist. The hood is a cut factory hood with a cowl scoop from a monte carlo hood. He said it's functional. Also he has done the intakes multiple times. The first times with factory gaskets, but the last time with felpros. He said he learned his lesson. He also claimed to have a bunch of extra parts, and if the car goes the parts do too.

1994 AQUA ZED
Money pit Beretta

My car on top is not all that bad, the rust on the underside is what makes me want to move on. I'm willing to have a car shipped. That said it must be worth it for that to happen.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No need to put it on the lift... You can easily get those pictures with a jack and something to lay on. As you noted without those pics it does present somewhat of a stale mate but hopefully someone will show interest prior to seeing those photos for his sake... But it may also move things along if they were avaliable.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"