SOLD (NC): 96 Black Base 2.4L 5spd "The Twincam"

List a Beretta Item for sale
heavywoody
Global Moderator

SOLD (NC): 96 Black Base 2.4L 5spd "The Twincam"

Post by heavywoody »

Car has been sold!

Price drop! $800. Get it this weekend!!!

If you are looking for a Beretta that is fun to drive, gets good mileage (34mpg), and want one to drive to keep your other one nice, this one is for you!
165k on body, 60k on transmission, 90k on engine.

The car started out life as a 2.2 5spd car. The 2.4L Twin Cam engine was meticulously swapped in from a 96 Grand Am. It is a factory looking install, no hack job install here!

Car runs and drives great. New battery, newish rear brakes (I'm swapping all the stuff over from my Z26 to it which I put on my car in May 2013, all components except backing plates and parking brake cables), clutch/throw out bearing/ master cylinder replaced around 155k, rides well, lowered on Eibach springs, has FE7 front bar. Recent rear shocks.

Car is sitting weird in picture due to the ground it was on. Sits normal on flat ground.

This is a northern car and does have rust in the rockers and along the edges of the rear wheel well lips. With that being said, it is much more solid/tighter feeling than my Z26. AC doesn't work. I believe the compressor needs to be changed and the system should be good to go after that. Cruise doesn't work.

The car isn't perfect. There are dings here and there, the aforementioned rust, dash is warped (not terrible but it's noticeable), sun visors need to be replaced or recovered, hood is a different color (medium Adriatic blue but not a spot of rust on it!), spoiler clearcoat is faded, interior has wet carpet syndrome, top of rear seat is ripped from sun damage. Car does burn oil so probably needs new valve seals. ABS doesn't work due to the swap.

It does shine up pretty nicely, has HID headlights, Z26 wheels, power windows/locks, CD player, no tears in the front seats. Full gauge cluster. Thrush muffler with Z26 tips.

Passenger fender and passenger mirror were damaged when I bought it. Both have been replaced and the fender was painted the correct color.

Will deliver to BFest 2016 in Ocean City, Maryland at no cost. Will require payment up front if that route is taken.

If no buyers soon, I'll probably just trade it in.
Attachments
IMG_4830.jpg
IMG_4827.jpg
IMG_4828.jpg
IMG_4829.jpg

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
themixer

Re: FS (NC): 96 Black Base 2.4L 5spd "The Twincam"

Post by themixer »

someone should scoop up this interesting swap!

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

is this a quad four swap?

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Sort of. It's a 2.4L Twin Cam swap... the little brother to the Quad.

Geoff
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Bump! I won't keep this much longer so get it while you can! Perfect winter car!

Geoff