92 Quasar GTZ must go

List a Beretta Item for sale
gtz92.3

92 Quasar GTZ must go

Post by gtz92.3 »

To anyone interested, I am selling my 92 Beretta GTZ. Seeing that I hardly ever post anything, I'll clarify that this car is the winner of Best in Show at the 2007 Detroit show. It was my first car and I've done everything I can to keep her alive for the last 11 1/2 years. Unfortunately, my income and other priorities do not allow me to keep up with the ever deteriorating driver rocker panel and rear spring seat. There is a lot I could detail about what this car does and doesn't need, but it would take too long. I'll just be brief.

As I said, this is a 1992 GTZ. It is medium quasar blue with 223k miles. It has the Quad 4 and the head gasket was replaced about 65k ago. The paint is not original as it was entirely repainted after the 06 Pittsburgh show and then partially repainted after the Detroit show. If you were there, you'll recall that I was in an accident on the way out of the park. She was fully repaired and placed back on the road after 2 years in the shop. I've been driving it as my everyday car for the last 7 years since. I wish more than anything that I could keep this car and fix it up, but in my possession, it will simply disintegrate. I hate that thought even more than parting with it. So....I am hoping to find someone, who will take this car with the intention of restoring it at least to the point of keeping it on the road. I'm not a body guy, so I have no clue if it's beyond being restored or not. The outer body has rust on the driver front fender and quarter panel just behind the rear wheel. Otherwise the ugliness is down below. After 23 Pennsylvania winters, the driver rocker panel rusted through two years ago. I've kept it closed up for inspection with spray foam (I hate myself for having to say that), but now it just needs completely cut out and replaced. The driver rear spring seat is pretty ugly too. Spring pressure is pushing the rusted metal out of the way and the seat is losing contact with the spring. It's still safe at this point, but not according to PA inspection. The passenger side is practically spotless topside and underneath.

So all of that said, if you are interested in it, please call me...I'll leave my number at the end of this post. DO NOT post here to inquire. I have no internet where I live, so I cannot check this post often. Call or text me. If you are only interested in parts, DO NOT inquire...I'm selling the car as a whole. If you want to buy it to use it for parts, don't tell me, just inquire (I really don't want to see this car scrapped). I hope someone wants to give it a good home. I just can't afford to keep up with it and have no place to store it out of the weather until I could fix it myself. I also have a few parts lying around. Ask me about them when you inquire. They will all go with the car if you want them. I'm fairly certain I have all but the front bumper for a GTZ ground effects kit.

I've attached a few pictures that I just took moments before finishing this post.

Thanks,

Brad Z

Call or text 570-847-3104
IMG_20160731_133004637.jpg
IMG_20160731_133022070.jpg
IMG_20160731_133033850.jpg
IMG_20160731_133042430.jpg

MY91GT(Z)

Re: 92 Quasar GTZ must go

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Man always wondered what happened to the car after the accident... Sux its this far gone and sounds like it itll cost more then what the car is worth

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
speedy

Post by speedy »

Sent you a text brad.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
gtz92.3

Post by gtz92.3 »

Thanks for all the interest I received. As of now it is sold. And thanks to whoever contacted me asking for all those pics. After crawling under the car again, it really sank in that there is no saving it...well there is, but not worth the money. Sad to see it go. I salvaged it once and got another 9 years out of it, but not this time. Thanks again everyone. I'll have to come drop in on a Bfest sometime.