Chevy Beretta

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
Ricersica

Chevy Beretta

Post by Ricersica »

Ok, well I am looking for a Chevy Beretta, and since I have been looking for so long I have really started to not care what it looks like...

I want a Beretta that has a manual transmission. I am willing to get a base model but would prefer a Z or a GT GTU or GTZ. I would prefer that it didn't have over 200K miles but as long as the price is good then I am willing to sacrifice that. I know that this is going to narrow it down but if you have a black one that you are selling please please PLEASE let me know.

Also if it is possible I would like it to be close to Minnesota. I don't really want to ship it all the way from California to Minnesota. So yeah if anyone has something that matches any of the things stated above then please e-mail me or PM me.

Thanks,
Ian

Puska 35.M

Re: Chevy Beretta

Post by Puska 35.M »

There is a green 1993 Z26 for sale in my town. It's a 5 speed. The guy wants $700 last I checked, but I am positive he could be talked down.

It needs some work, but I know it is a good runner, because I used to see it driving around town all the time.

Ricersica

Post by Ricersica »

Well if you can get me any more information on that, then I would be very grateful. :) I really want a Beretta.
Thanks
Ian

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Puska 35.M wrote:There is a green 1993 Z26 for sale in my town. It's a 5 speed. The guy wants $700 last I checked, but I am positive he could be talked down.

It needs some work, but I know it is a good runner, because I used to see it driving around town all the time.
Z26 was not available untill 1994, and they made very few 5 speed Z26's. All 5 speed Z26's were 1994's, and they were all quad 4 cars. The car you are talking about is most likely a GTZ. Just figured I'd clear that up.

1994 AQUA ZED
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Use Google to search only Craig's List for Berettas. Boom, goldmine.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Puska 35.M

Post by Puska 35.M »

It is a GTZ. I get them confused.

According to the guy it needs a starter, a new tire and a radio. Some of the plastic up front is pretty beat up too. I can try to get pictures of it on my way to work.

Ricersica

Post by Ricersica »

Yeah if you can get me the pictures as soon as you can that would be great. Thanks. :D

Plus any extra information if possible.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

2.2H8TA wrote: Z26 was not available untill 1994, and they made very few 5 speed Z26's. All 5 speed Z26's were 1994's, and they were all quad 4 cars.

Really? I never knew... :shock:

J/k

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

you should choose the car you want by the motor which you want to start with (and also with regards to body rust... but that should be a given-depending on what kind of work you are capable of performing and/or funds you are willing to allocate). if you are happy with and used to the v6, stick with that.

the 2.2 5 spd cars are great if you don't need all the power of the v6 or quad. keep it simple with basic routine maintenance and they are great motors, great on gas.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Ricersica

Post by Ricersica »

Well having a v6 isnt needed but my next car has to be a stick. I hate driving automatics.

Puska 35.M

Post by Puska 35.M »

The one by my work hasn't been there lately, so I'm thinking it may have been sold. If I see it I'll stop and take a closer look.