WANTED: Front Lip Brace

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
DanteGTZ

Re: WANTED: Front Lip Brace

Post by DanteGTZ »

I'm in, assuming the price is reasonable. My brace is fine now, but I wouldn't mind having one of these to hang on to. I do plan on keeping this car forever!

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

DTMAce wrote:So so far I have:
Z26_T
woody90gtz
timgerman

I think Jon wanted one. Who else?
DanteGTZ wrote:I'm in, assuming the price is reasonable. My brace is fine now, but I wouldn't mind having one of these to hang on to. I do plan on keeping this car forever!
Price should be, I don't anticipate it being much. I'm not doing the actual weld work, but will probably be helping assemble. Hell who knows, maybe I will weld them. Not like I can't. Basically just some costs for steel and fab time. And if I'm doing a bunch, it won't be much. Probably make like 15-20 or something, unless people want more.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

DTMAce wrote:
DTMAce wrote:So so far I have:
Z26_T
woody90gtz
timgerman

I think Jon wanted one. Who else?
DanteGTZ wrote:I'm in, assuming the price is reasonable. My brace is fine now, but I wouldn't mind having one of these to hang on to. I do plan on keeping this car forever!
Price should be, I don't anticipate it being much. I'm not doing the actual weld work, but will probably be helping assemble. Hell who knows, maybe I will weld them. Not like I can't. Basically just some costs for steel and fab time. And if I'm doing a bunch, it won't be much. Probably make like 15-20 or something, unless people want more.
Any idea what the ballpark price will be? I just don't want to 100% commit until I've got an idea - So far this GTZ has bled me totally dry.... and it's not even running yet. ;)

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I figure 10-20 bucks. Shipped. But will know for sure once I get the part Z26_T shipped me.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

Oh, in that case, I'm in. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't like $100 or something!

DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

Count me in for one.

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
'93 Quasar GT 5-Speed (Under Construction)
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I do want one but I'll make it myself rather than having you have to worry about shipping one to me. No point in transfering material when I can easily weld it up myself.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

LOL

Not like it will be a big deal you know... :P

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

Just checkin' in; did you wind up getting a usable one?

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Yes, I have one here. I just need to get it fitted. Have a lot of car work to do tomorrow, way behind. Been fracking crazy around here the past few weeks.

Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

Glad to hear that it made it. It was the first time I let my parts department ship something for me.
Last edited by Z26_T on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

Wow, did not get a thread notification.. I have one sitting in my garage for this EXACT reason. Oh well.

I'll take one as well.

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Cool. Once I get past Easter, I can finally start doing things. Snow is almost off the cars too. Will update soon.

timgerman

Post by timgerman »

are these ready yet? whats the status?

'95 Z26 Black
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Should have them welded up tomorrow. Making 5 right now, just have to get some more flat stock to make the rest, we didn't have a lot here.

Pic of the parts. I just did all these tonight. The holes are so they can be riveted. These are drilled to 3/16" and edged. Once welded I will smooth edges and paint them flat black. Then will get you all pics of how they go on the inner support, etc.

You should only need one for the center rib, but you could use them on all 3 if you wanted I suppose. They can be adjusted to put more tension and force the lip into position, but I will say this. Its best if you can pull the inner structure piece out, use a heat gun and straighten as best you can first, install the brace, then install the support back into the bumper. You can make tension adjustments even after its put onto the inner structure, just by bending the flat pieces toward each other a tad, even while attached. Then fit it, make sure the bumper is where you want it, and fasten the inner support back in place.

I will get some before and after shots of the inner structure, so you will see what I'm talking about. But I should have some of these welded and ready tomorrow.

Edit

The pieces don't get welded as laid out in the picture. I couldn't get the flat stock to lay how it goes together, I just laid them flat, but you should get the idea. lol