WANTED: Front Lip Brace

Post by timgerman »

anyone have one...or two? PM me

tim

'95 Z26 Black
DTMAce

Re: WANTED: Front Lip Brace

Post by DTMAce »

DTMAce wrote:These two are just shots of the front, to see the not-smiling-any-more front lip.

You just need one, and it has to go in the center vertical rib. I would also go over the inner plastic support, if its all warped or busted, use an old soldering iron, fix the cracked parts, and use a heat gun to help reshape it. Then install the above brace and you are good to go. No smiling front bumper.

Mine is STILL straight, after 4 years since setting that up.

Anyway. Just a suggestion. That was made from stainless material, but it doesn't have to be stainless.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Nice Ace, very nice. I think I remember your write-up on this on bstuff, or am I mistaken?

How did you anchor the top of this brace, is it threaded?

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Actually, that write-up still exists, in the Z project thread during the initial restoration after the deer impact.

All that is, are two flat scrap pieces (less than an 1/8th) with a 1/4" rod between them, welded to put tension on and spring up the front lip. It is held on by the lower rivet that you can see (put into the black structure piece and the top part is just tied in with the plastics. I don't even think there is a bolt or anything through it, now that I sit and think about it. That's it. Nothing overly fancy and it works perfectly.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

exactly what I plan on doing to prevent any future failure.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

DTMAce wrote:Actually, that write-up still exists, in the Z project thread during the initial restoration after the deer impact.

All that is, are two flat scrap pieces (less than an 1/8th) with a 1/4" rod between them, welded to put tension on and spring up the front lip. It is held on by the lower rivet that you can see (put into the black structure piece and the top part is just tied in with the plastics. I don't even think there is a bolt or anything through it, now that I sit and think about it. That's it. Nothing overly fancy and it works perfectly.
Awesome, thank you Ace. When I first bought my '95 Z, the lower center-section was busted up very badly (beyond repair), and when I resold the car to my niece, she just wanted it cut off. I never did anything with the bumper-cover after I bought the car back. I now have two Z04 noses in decent shape, and if I take back my old Z again, I'll replace the nose when/if I repaint her -I'll want to install a brace like yours on the new nose before then...

1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

I have a spare plastic brace, been looking for a shop to copy it into metal form. I haven't had much luck finding a shop to craft me a new sturdy one... :(

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I originally was planning on doing the very same thing. It was my father who came up with that idea above. Simple, piss easy to make, and it solved the problem. Not to mention it doesn't add any weight. LOL

Now if you are wanting to reinforce it so you don't wreck it on a curb or something, well, just don't wreck it on a curb or something! HA.

:P

Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

Want to make me one DTM? :P

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
timgerman

Post by timgerman »

Z26_T wrote:Want to make me one DTM? :P
i second that DTM - i would like 2

let me know.

tim

'95 Z26 Black
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

on vettes they use little casters to ride up the curb to prevent trashing the air dams... lol

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/VT1040/VTEXT/Fro ... vette.html

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Tell you what. I will see if I can get like 10 of them made up or something. Will let you guys know in a couple days.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

DTMAce wrote:Tell you what. I will see if I can get like 10 of them made up or something. Will let you guys know in a couple days.
...Add the proceeds to your BFest fund, at least that would be a worthy cause! :wink:

1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Update.

I can get these made. But I need an inner support structure! I can't get to the one on the Z for awhile, and the busted one I threw out a long time ago, SO, I need one shipped to me. I don't care what condition its in, even busted is fine. Just need it to make a template. Whoever sends me one first gets their brace for free. I plan to have a dozen or so made up and will figure out what to sell them for and go from there.

PM me for the shipping address if you have the piece to donate. I don't even need the whole thing, just the center section will do that can be used to make a template to create pieces like you see above in the pic. Thanks!

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

How long you think you'd need the brace for?

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT