WTB Z26 Fog Lights

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
Z26_T

WTB Z26 Fog Lights

Post by Z26_T »

Want a set of fog lights.. not sure if the stock vs Z26 ones are different. Car didn't have them when I purchased it and I took the bumper off so I might as well throw some lights in while I'm at it. Does anyone have a picture of what the wiring harness looks like too?

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
woody90gtz

Re: WTB Z26 Fog Lights

Post by woody90gtz »

"Blazer" brand fog lights in Walmart/Advance are almost identical. My stock ones on my 95 were rotten and I replaced them with the Blazers. You really don't notice the difference.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I still don't understand how you guys say they are almost identical... they don't fit in the stock housings, at lest I couldn't get the ones I had to fit, and they don't have the angle to them that stock lights do... You have to drill holes in the reinforcement to mount them properly too if your using the whole new housing. I messed around with those before but then got a set of real Z fogs, I currently have two sets of spares one NOS set but I'm not selling them, sorry.

There are still some NOS ones on e-bay. If you want the real deal.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

You replace the whole housing with the Blazer ones. And once they are mounted, that angled lens on the stockers is the only difference. I just looked on ebay and I'd save the $60 and buy the Blazers. But that's just me.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I still don't see how it fits... the two housings are completely different.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I'm with Jon on that one. I looked once before at those, and decided not to go that route, but yeah, it could be modified to mount so they appear similar, but they really aren't that close in my opinion.

My thing would be, if ANYONE has good glass lenses from those, KEEP them. They can always be cleaned and reused to fix ones that got broken. They are only held together with high-temp black silicone.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I may have a set...
When you say Stock vs. Z26... I'm not sure what you're asking. Every fog light that came on a Beretta is the same, regardless of make or model. They were only on the GTZ and Z26 models. But then I see that you own a '95 Z26, but then say that your car didn't have them when you bought it? Was there nothing there? As for the wiring harness, not necessary. I took a base model car's parking lights out, installed the fog lights and simply crimped the wires to the prior wiring, no problem.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

I have a set hows 40obo shipped sound???

Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

Woody, do you have a p# or model # of the blazers that work? Mind you, all I have is an empty hole right now. So if I need any mounting hardware from the orginials I'm a bit sol. Though I can likely put something together.

Styluss, if you knew who owned the car prior to me, you would understand.. The lamp housing and everything is missing. The only thing in the front bumper are the turn signal housings (and obviously the marker lenses). As for base vs Z26: I don't pay close enough attention to know which has what. So I wasn't sure if bases had fog lights as well. As for the wiring, I don't know if the factory connectors are still there, so I'd like a picture to know what I should be looking for.. My car was a wiring nightmare when I bought it. Things cut off and added that shouldn't have been.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

http://www.amazon.com/Blazer-CW1073KB-D ... fog+lights

I used my OEM mount, but the supplied one will work too.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

I, too, used a set of these Blazers on my previous 93 GTZ and they worked fine.

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

I ordered a set of those. I'll take some pics of the install and put them in my thread.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Z26_T wrote:I ordered a set of those. I'll take some pics of the install and put them in my thread.
Maybe make a write up! It could be turned into a monthly article for the front page very easily. Plus, I have a project I'm working on that will THRIVE off of people's modification write ups...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
_M9|GTZ

Post by _M9|GTZ »

No write up yet ? I was watching this thread since mine are rusted out and was also looking at what options are out there:
http://www.andysautosport.com/chevrolet ... torsports/
There are two by pilot look very similar in style but who knows if the mounting is positioned just right to match the bumper cutout.

http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-005860891-4 ... B0002M9QRO
The hellas are nice and close AND glass, but not beveled.

I am with Jon, the GM ones look the best and are adjustable from the front to boot. I am keeping the glass from my originals, but the seals and rust has taken over to the point the chrome on the inside is nearly gone and water is blowing bulbs.
Unfortunately these are only on GTZ/Z26 so very hard to find a good pair. Too bad you wont sell Jon ?
I dont want to go back into the bumper cover again ! > I decided to get the set on Ebay, the complete pair. But, There are still some lenses up as of this post still.
As for the wiring on my '90 the connectors look identical to the MAP sensor plug but with 2 conductors, bundled in the headlight harness, with a slave from the high beam relay so they shut off when high beams run. Many cars Ive seen do this maybe a DOT thing ? (I may redo all of that one day so I can run all three sets simultaneously.)
Hopefully you can at least post some photos of whatever you do end up getting to work ? Good Luck !

Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

_M9|GTZ wrote:No write up yet ? I was watching this thread since mine are rusted out and was also looking at what options are out there:
http://www.andysautosport.com/chevrolet ... torsports/
There are two by pilot look very similar in style but who knows if the mounting is positioned just right to match the bumper cutout.

http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-005860891-4 ... B0002M9QRO
The hellas are nice and close AND glass, but not beveled.

I am with Jon, the GM ones look the best and are adjustable from the front to boot. I am keeping the glass from my originals, but the seals and rust has taken over to the point the chrome on the inside is nearly gone and water is blowing bulbs.
Unfortunately these are only on GTZ/Z26 so very hard to find a good pair. Too bad you wont sell Jon ?
I dont want to go back into the bumper cover again ! > I decided to get the set on Ebay, the complete pair. But, There are still some lenses up as of this post still.
As for the wiring on my '90 the connectors look identical to the MAP sensor plug but with 2 conductors, bundled in the headlight harness, with a slave from the high beam relay so they shut off when high beams run. Many cars Ive seen do this maybe a DOT thing ? (I may redo all of that one day so I can run all three sets simultaneously.)
Hopefully you can at least post some photos of whatever you do end up getting to work ? Good Luck !

I swear I replied to this thread long ago, but you throw the mount away. You USE THE GLASS HOUSING ONLY.

Take the blazer set apart, removing the glass and bulb as a unit.
Take your current fog light assembly out of the car and remove the plastic bezel (2 screws)
unplug the non working fog light (Two options, one use new housing as-is, or swap the glass. I did not swap mine)
connect power and ground to new fog light (You may need to tweak the ground connector to get it to fit)
reinstall fog light assembly in car.

DONE.

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"