Beretta wanted (z26, gtu, gt, gtz)

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
tvc3-gtz

Beretta wanted (z26, gtu, gt, gtz)

Post by tvc3-gtz »

I am looking for a decent condition Beretta (z26, gtu, gt, gtz). Lowish miles, I have some cash available. I started a new job, and want to get another Beretta for the commute. I prefer manual, but will drive an automatic as well (not super picky). I am located in Palmer, MA, and was once a relatively active member of these boards. Please let me know if you have any decent leads within reasonable distance of me (I am constantly on CL and other various web sites looking). Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------
1990 Beretta GTZ - Garnet (sold)
1990 Beretta GTZ - garnet parts car (scrapped)
1990 Beretta Indy - Teal (scrapped)
1989 Beretta GT - Red/white (scrapped)

Stencil
Administrator

Re: Beretta wanted (z26, gtu, gt, gtz)

Post by Stencil »

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4517614659.html

That's probably the best condition, least rusted, most fun car that I've see. New motor and everything in good mechanical shape.

-Aaron
'92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L 5M - Undergoing "unibody off" restoration ATM (almost done!)
'93 Beretta GT "MISEREE" 3.1 5M
'95 Beretta Base DGGM 2.2 5M
'96 Beretta "FAUXZ26" 2.2 5M
themixer

Post by themixer »

members car, has a blue z interior!

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

SGR IS SELLING THAT? I am so far away, but terribly interested since he knows those cars so well.. Is he still active?

Stencil
Administrator

Post by Stencil »

He is. His number is in the ad - give him a call. It's a bit of a hike, but it's a nice ride and would be worth it. You don't see the Quasar Z's for sale often.

-Aaron
'92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L 5M - Undergoing "unibody off" restoration ATM (almost done!)
'93 Beretta GT "MISEREE" 3.1 5M
'95 Beretta Base DGGM 2.2 5M
'96 Beretta "FAUXZ26" 2.2 5M
Rob_91_GTZ

Post by Rob_91_GTZ »

I found this one recently on craigslist. Looks like it is in great shape. I'm a new member here so it won't let me post links in my post or send you the link in a PM. Check out hartford CT on craigslist and just type beretta. It's a 95 Z26 V6 with 102k miles. Thought it was pretty nice.
Attachments
00r0r_l8JBd39LYSQ_600x450.jpg
00M0M_mEVFZeK5yG_600x450.jpg
00707_3w05h6sVEXM_600x450.jpg

91 Beretta GTZ Quad 4 / Queen of my garage / Looking for new motor
05 Neon SRT4 / Stage 1, Basic bolt-ons / 13.2 @ 107
97 Cavalier 2.2 Beater
tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

Rob_91_GTZ wrote:I found this one recently on craigslist. Looks like it is in great shape. I'm a new member here so it won't let me post links in my post or send you the link in a PM. Check out hartford CT on craigslist and just type beretta. It's a 95 Z26 V6 with 102k miles. Thought it was pretty nice.

It's a nice car, and I threw the individual a reasonable offer ($2000), but he has yet to respond. Honestly I really am interested in SGR's blue GTZ, just a matter of shipping it home, lol. Got to do some homework. That car would be perfect, but I am still open to suggestions and appreciate the feedback you all have given me so far.

Rob_91_GTZ

Post by Rob_91_GTZ »

The Z26 is supposedly in my town but I don't think I've ever seen it. Surprised that the person didn't at least respond to your offer. I saw that blue GTZ posted for sale on facebook. Beautiful car. If it was alot closer, I'd be extremely interested in it myself. Downside is that it would probably cost a small fortune to have it brought up here. I'll keep my eye open for any other ones that may pop up for sale in CT.

91 Beretta GTZ Quad 4 / Queen of my garage / Looking for new motor
05 Neon SRT4 / Stage 1, Basic bolt-ons / 13.2 @ 107
97 Cavalier 2.2 Beater
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

_________
-------------
DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

Didn't you just sell your prized 90 GTZ a couple months back because of storage space or some craziness like that?

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

IMHO you should really give some SERIOUS consideration to the Quasar Quad!
SGR can be a PITA and has had some issues on here, but he does know his cars!
Having bought two California cars in the past and brought them back all the way to Canada, I can tell you, Rust Free can't be beat! And it's a damn Quasar Quad!!

My ONLY concern would be "why so cheap?" Ask the right questions!

DO IT!!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

DanteGTZ wrote:Didn't you just sell your prized 90 GTZ a couple months back because of storage space or some craziness like that?

Yeah, I was dealing with an ex landlord that stole money from me and banned me from having multiple vehicles even though they were all insured, registered, etc. I also had a Mustang, but as a typical Ford, the issues outweighed the benefits of paying it off so I surrendered it to avoid buying it off. The Tiburon SE in Crush Orange I had was another victim of the landlord's evil wrath.

I have a pending lawsuit with him anyways I have a brilliant lawyer and now live in a house with my fiancee' with no vehicle storage restrictions. I am currently rocking my one and only remaining vehicle, my 1990 Chevy Scottsdale K1500 4x4 with 200k and still running strong, lol. The job opportunity I had is in the air, but that isn't stopping me from getting back into a gosh darn Beretta.

My old GTZ is being well cared for, but apparently the younger guy isn't on these forums. (I tried getting him to join).

Yeah I have been eyeing SGR's Quasar for years now. I PM-ed him and will most likely follow up with a call to him. The shipping would be the only thing I am inexperienced in of course. I will keep you posted on what I decide. Regardless, I am highly motivated to get back into a Beretta for sure! :beer:
Asylum wrote:IMHO you should really give some SERIOUS consideration to the Quasar Quad!
SGR can be a PITA and has had some issues on here, but he does know his cars!
Having bought two California cars in the past and brought them back all the way to Canada, I can tell you, Rust Free can't be beat! And it's a damn Quasar Quad!!

My ONLY concern would be "why so cheap?" Ask the right questions!

DO IT!!

That was exactly my first thought. I am unfamiliar with the "behavior" of SGR on the forums or why people were upset, but the price of the car is really reasonable. I mean I did sell mine for around $2000, and that was cheap as hell too, so I get it as a motivated seller but IDK.

I am not opposed to the idea of driving a simple v6 GT either though, so if shipping is silly I will have to prioritize things. That quasar though.. what a sexy color.. lol

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

For the price that SGR is asking, I would buy his car. Seriously, they aren't getting any easier to find.

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Their is plenty websites that offer shipping cars n hell the one show ppl bid on doing so to make a living I think its e-ship.com if not mistaken

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

MY91GT(Z) wrote:Their is plenty websites that offer shipping cars n hell the one show ppl bid on doing so to make a living I think its e-ship.com if not mistaken

the shipping service certainly isn't cheap. the amount of driving is also insane, I mean I could certainly do the drive, but wow it's quite a haul. We'll see what SGR has to say. I'll get into a beretta one way or another. I do miss that snappy gtz pep though.. How peppy are those 3400 swaps?