Looking for a decent Beretta

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
1987GT

Looking for a decent Beretta

Post by 1987GT »

After owning approximately 35 of these cars over the years, restoring 3 from ground up, I am ready to get back into Beretta's after a very brief Mustang phase. I am looking to spend around 1500.00 for a solid car. I am not looking for a particular model or year but would prefer the V6. I'd love to find a nice 87-90 but those are virtually gone.

Not looking to travel far live in Pittsburgh region in southeast Ohio. Any help would be appreciated. I used to be an active member here years ago, can't even remember USERNAME or I'd of dusted that account off just to try and recover a few pics that may be in my posts. Thx a ton!

GT_Indy

Re: Looking for a decent Beretta

Post by GT_Indy »

I hope you find what you like.
87-90 body styles are my favorite as well.
My Black 96 may be priced higher than you are looking to spend but its a clean car here in NE Ohio if you were interested in looking. Its posted on Craigslist akron/canton, comes with a few things too.

You may have better luck finding a Beretta for sale in the facebook groups. One is called Beretta.net members and the other is called Beretta Parts and auto sales.
Last I heard there was a blue GTZ listed for sale for about 3000 ish in the Beretta.net facebook group. I'm not sure but I think it was one of the later v6 manual versions; Possibly the 3.1 MPFI v6.

35 Berettas in a life time. You got me beat there. lol
Most I had including current ones is 7.

1987GT

Post by 1987GT »

Thx, for reply. Yes, I've owned a bunch. My friends used to joke that I've owned every Beretta or a part from on in the surrounding counties..lol

I'd like to stay right around 1500 but I'll check those out. Thx again!

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Np.
You might have to travel to find a clean one as most all of the lower prices ones in Ohio look like rusty ones.
I did find this, its not mine, not sure of its condition though:
https://morgantown.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 47473.html
Might be worth it if all it needs is a driver side subframe, but you never know until you look underneath with these cars. I remember seeing a nice red 88 GT in MI years ago, looked mint, but the underneath was a rot box, they wanted 2800 back then and I later found out someone actually paid them that much.

1987GT

Post by 1987GT »

Yes, unfortunately the undercarriage on these cars do not hold up as well as the outer body panels minus rockers into 'A' pillars. I blame most on the rustproof craze of the time. Every dealer had their F&I mgr. Push "Protection Packages on customers and 80% were not done properly and moisture was sealed into undercarriage before the car left lot. Not only Beretta's but all cars from right around '84-2000. Luckily, people started to wise up and learn most cars are undercoated from factory where it need be. I rem. my first new Beretta back in '91, bought a leftover Malchite Green Base with V6. That car looked as nice or better than anyone around. It had a luggage rack but I grew to like the look. I just wanted black interior. What I would do to have that car now.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Yah the black interiors are nice.
My favorite is the Indys. Teal tinted interior with bright teal or yellow accenting. I know some say its a grey interior but it does have a teal tint to it.

1993gtu

Post by 1993gtu »

248-568-7135

1993gtu

Post by 1993gtu »

1995 red Z26 mint!!!
Under 2 gees!
Mike Hundt

MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Hello I am sorry if I missed any calls. I typically don't answer if I don't recognize the caller ID. Please let me know if you did call or are interested and I can expect a call on my 1995 Z26 Beretta that is for sale. Thanks and sorry for any confusion. 248-568-7135