wanted: extension pipe exhaust

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
Judith

wanted: extension pipe exhaust

Post by Judith »

I am looking for an extension pipe, also known as intermediate pipe for my 93 Beretta GT. I have looked on both Rockauto and Summit but I have trouble finding the right one. Any tips are welcome. I am located in the Netherlands and spare parts for Berettas are impossible to get here :(

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: wanted: extension pipe exhaust

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Sadly parts are getting harder and harder to find... no one is making them for a car that barely incurs any sales of those parts. Your best bet is to bring it to a muffler shop and have them bend up a replacement pipe.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

I found one at Ebay but shipping may cost you a lot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Pipe-AP ... 84&vxp=mtr

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Would the 1993 Beretta base 3.1 v6 intermediate pipe be the same thing?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-45063
(I attached the link to what I found for a 1993 Beretta base with 3.1 v6, you might want to verify the part number will work).
When I had my 88 Beretta GT I remember finding my pipes for 88 Beretta v6 because they stopped listing it for GT where I live here in the US.

Judith

Post by Judith »

Thanks for your replies! I had been looking for places where they can bend pipes but the trouble is the car hasn't passed the annual mandatory check up so it's at the garage and I am not really allowed to drive it anywhere (I am not insured if I do) The one on Ebay seems like the real thing so I will contact the seller. I have sent the summitracing link to the garage hopefully it's the right one. I have to say I was amazed at the speed these things get delivered: I ordered a muffler and tailpipe on Monday at Rockauto; on Thursday it gets delivered to my front door in the Netherlands. Anyway pleasure to be here, lots of catching up to do. I am a novice owner and I am learning lots of new things here.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Seeing how there is an estimated ship date on the Summit pipe, I wouldn't expect it to be in stock and second to that I wouldn't be surprised if Walker has discontinued it and summit just doesn't know this yet. It's also very odd that Rockauto lists that as 90-92 only. I don't know if that is due to the 93 having a metal tank or not... Not sure when that changed and what platforms had it or not.

Part listings drive me nuts sometimes since everyone is different...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Sometimes with summit racing they do not have a part in stock at their warehouse and have to source it from the manufacturer, then the manufacturer ships it to you after purchase. I had this happen before with some parts for a different vehicle. I think you need to call summit racing to check avaliability and pricing.

Just in case.
This is the search page I had up. You can see the selections I used on the left:
https://www.summitracing.com/search/yea ... =Ascending

The pipe I linked says 3.1 but disappears when selecting the v6 category. But shows up for 93 Beretta GT.
I hope it all works out.

Just a thought. But didn't the 3.1 Gen2 v6 get used up through 93 on the Beretta? Do the 90-93 models all use the same exhaust intermediate pipe for the v6? When did they start using the pipe with the resonator, in 94 with the 3100 Gen3 v6?
Last edited by GT_Indy on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The biggest question is when did they change the fuel tank... That's what really changes the design/bends of the pipe.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

3X00-Modified wrote:The biggest question is when did they change the fuel tank... That's what really changes the design/bends of the pipe.
I forgot about the plastic vs metal tanks.
I see 3 different metal tanks when searching for 1993 Beretta fuel tank:
https://www.summitracing.com/search/yea ... 4294949281
However I get no results at all for 90-92 Beretta.

I tried the exhaust search again without the GT selection.
This is the only other pipe that shows up:
(It says 93-94 Beretta 3.1)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aph- ... el/beretta
But it has a 3 bolt flange and resonator. I dont know when they started the flange and resonator. Unfortunatly I only have 87/88, 90, and 96 service books, I don't have a 93 book to verify.

If Judith can take photos of the underneath of the 93 Beretta to show the pipe it could help.

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

I have full exhaust coming off my 93 here in the next month of your interested all of it from the manifold back

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
Judith

Post by Judith »

GT_Indy wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:The biggest question is when did they change the fuel tank... That's what really changes the design/bends of the pipe.
I forgot about the plastic vs metal tanks.
I see 3 different metal tanks when searching for 1993 Beretta fuel tank:
https://www.summitracing.com/search/yea ... 4294949281
However I get no results at all for 90-92 Beretta.

I tried the exhaust search again without the GT selection.
This is the only other pipe that shows up:
(It says 93-94 Beretta 3.1)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aph- ... el/beretta
But it has a 3 bolt flange and resonator. I dont know when they started the flange and resonator. Unfortunatly I only have 87/88, 90, and 96 service books, I don't have a 93 book to verify.

If Judith can take photos of the underneath of the 93 Beretta to show the pipe it could help.

Thanks for the link, I found that pipe too but according to the guy at the garage that's not what we need. I asked him to take a picture of the underneath but so far he hasn't responded. The service book is a good idea, maybe I can download one somewhere.

Judith

Post by Judith »

MY91GT(Z) wrote:I have full exhaust coming off my 93 here in the next month of your interested all of it from the manifold back
Thanks! I've sent you a PM.