where

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
6r8ph1X

where

Post by 6r8ph1X »

Hey everyone, where do you run your amp wire through the firewall? I hate mine going through the door seal so i want to put it actually through the fire wall. Ideas are appreciated.

1993 Beretta GT, FX Designs Body Kit, Ram Air hood, 3.1 MPFI 3 Speed, 90,000 miles
1996 Beretta Base, GTU conversion, 3400sfi with less than 100,000 miles   ==  Traded
BerettaLove32

where

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Some berettas have a hole near the brake pedal, but not all of them. If not then you gotta drill a hole.

6r8ph1X

where

Post by 6r8ph1X »

where is the prime placement if i don't have a hole? Just want ideas.

1993 Beretta GT, FX Designs Body Kit, Ram Air hood, 3.1 MPFI 3 Speed, 90,000 miles
1996 Beretta Base, GTU conversion, 3400sfi with less than 100,000 miles   ==  Traded
snowblindburd
Administrator

where

Post by snowblindburd »

Mine comes out around the steering rack, but I regret it.  I want to see if theres a way I can run it up through where my hood latch cable runs.  Seems to be ample room there.  dunno if it would interfere with the kicker speaker tho.

1991 Beretta GTZ
SuzukiGhostRider

where

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

If you have to drill a hole in your firewall, I would suggest you drill as closely to the driver's side edge as you safely can and rubber grommet the hole. This way you will be as close as possible to the rocker trim so you can neatly run your cable under the trim/carpet all the way to the trunk. This is what I have done in the past and it makes the wires absolutely invisible. GL in your decision.

pimpz26

where

Post by pimpz26 »

Mine goes through the same hole that a bunch of factory wires goes through.  This bundle of wires is a few inches below the master cylinder.  I pushed the factory gromet out, ran my new wires through the hole then installed a new gromet over all the wires.

'94 Z26, running a newer 3100, euro tails, and extremely loud air horns.
'86 Cavalier Z24 clone
'94 Kawasaki 550sx
'88 Kawasaki JS300 with a pp 550sx engine
snowblindburd
Administrator

where

Post by snowblindburd »

Maybe i'll look again for that hole.  I dunno how much room I had there before, since my friend was helping me.  

When I tear my interior apart again I'll look into it.  I need to ditch my old hole and fast cause its starting look not soo fun down there.  

Maybe I'll do it this summer.

1991 Beretta GTZ
BerettaLove32

where

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Be careful where you drill, you don't need the drill bit going through anything important. A few inches to the left of where the brake pedal goes into the firewall is a great spot. Easy to get a drill up in there and runs through into the engine bay in a very nice spot.

Kyle Anderson

where

Post by Kyle Anderson »

One going through the hood release cable hole and one going through a few inches left of the brake booster.

speedygtz

where

Post by speedygtz »

cant find the hole? lol....

but yea, be carefull of where you do it, and wherever you do it, make sure you put some stuff around it, this should prevent any water from getting into there.

the z26 is on the road!
Kyle Anderson

where

Post by Kyle Anderson »

Don't just put "stuff" around it. Do it right and use one of these:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage...._ID=738

Cliff8928
Administrator

where

Post by Cliff8928 »

Mine goes through the grommet that the shift cables go through.

Cliff Scott
n00b20

where

Post by n00b20 »

theres some wiring/a cable dont know which one in the far driver side corner, about an inch away to the left from that you can easily fit 0 gauge wire. i'd take a pic of mine but i has no camera.

"We were ALL noobs once. Forget where you came from and you forget how valuable your knowledge is to those who are now where you once were."
Thompson128

Re: where

Post by Thompson128 »

I don't know how well the picture shows, i drilled a hole right next to the hood release cable, absolutely invisible on the inside. Just be careful because there are wires in this area, check and double check where you will be drilling
Attachments
DSC01719.JPG

Barry
Global Moderator

Re: where

Post by Barry »

The picture and help is greatly appreciated, however, please keep post dates in mind. This thread is over 3 years old