Subs messing up

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
31beretta

Subs messing up

Post by 31beretta »

Hey guys, my friend has two 12" subs in my beretta and the other day we took it out of the trunk to clean everything up. While it was out I bought some bigger wire to go from the amp to the terminals then to the subs. Now the subs play horrible at higher volumes where as it didn't before. Whats up with em? The wire I bought was this monster (subwoofer) wire thats rated for up to 1600 watts (amp is 1500 watts, subs are 380 rms each 1300 max each), and the old wiring was just small wiring we had laying around, yet it played way better before. Thanks for any help with this annoying problem. If ya need any more info let me know.

gar187er

Subs messing up

Post by gar187er »

did you wire them up correctly? ie: parallel/series?

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!
31beretta

Subs messing up

Post by 31beretta »

we just put the new wiring in how and where we got the old wiring out. the only thing that I could think of is a wiring prob somewhere because it was perfectly fine before and the wiring is the only thing we did besides stuffing the box. could too small of a connector (the metal piece at the ends of the wire to connect it to terminals or what not) do this? because the wire is a fair size (12 gauge) and we didn't have any pieces big enough to fit the end properly, so we made due with smaller ones.

gar187er

Subs messing up

Post by gar187er »

very possible if the wire strands are hanging loose, could be shorting the sub out......but the old wiring back it, just be sure its something with the new wires....and not just dumb luck with the subs....

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!