Let See Some Pics of Your Systems!

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
getosled

Re: Let See Some Pics of Your Systems!

Post by getosled »

Hmm maybe i should have re sized those lol... I thought they would be good considering i took it with my iPhone.

96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

impressive..i hope you have dynomat for that trunk..cause im sure that crap is rattling like a bitch haha

speedy

Post by speedy »

came with the $500 car, amp, kenwood head unit, 6x9 kenwood kickers, 4 in pioneers, and some other cool stuff, guy didnt feel like taking it out. :Yahoo!:

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
getosled

Post by getosled »

96B-Mike wrote:impressive..i hope you have dynomat for that trunk..cause im sure that crap is rattling like a bitch haha

Yeah dynomated from trunk to firewall to include the roof...

96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

getosled wrote:
96B-Mike wrote:impressive..i hope you have dynomat for that trunk..cause im sure that crap is rattling like a bitch haha

Yeah dynomated from trunk to firewall to include the roof...
good crap

96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

really? you cant use curse words?

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

anyone done any subs molded into the trunk? i want to mold them in the back corners, to utilize that nearly useless space, instead of the sub box utilizing all of the useable space... i'm talking daily driver, use the truck for things, and want access to the folding rear seats too (at least the larger side).

a molded but yet removable sub enclosure, so you can still pull out your taillights to replace bulbs.. lol

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
revolvingtoto

Post by revolvingtoto »

i put this aftermarket kitt in my gtu

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

berettaboi wrote:anyone done any subs molded into the trunk? i want to mold them in the back corners, to utilize that nearly useless space, instead of the sub box utilizing all of the useable space... i'm talking daily driver, use the truck for things, and want access to the folding rear seats too (at least the larger side).

a molded but yet removable sub enclosure, so you can still pull out your taillights to replace bulbs.. lol
Mine isn't molded, but its a tapered 1 cubic foot box with a dual voice coil speaker. Fits into the driver side corner, and allows for easy use of the trunk, as well as easy removal in case I need the whole trunk. I just pull a fuse, disconnect the feeds and its out.

I will put up a pic later, but there are some in my project thread.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

revolvingtoto

Post by revolvingtoto »

my pioneer is to deep,don`t go completly in dash,and i have to make some time,to fix the wiring so you don`t see them anymore
Image Image

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ok, here are the pics, I had to scope them out....

These first ones are just of the box, before I changed the speaker out last year, this was during the dear hit rebuild...

And these were from prior to the interior work last spring:

This was with a newer speaker. The grill would not fit over it though. lol

As it is now, its bundled with a Sony HU, this one in fact:

Been pretty happy so far with this unit actually.

Anyways, that is what I have. The Optimus amp pictured above is the same one I have been running since.... Hmmm. I want to say I bought that in like 96... So yeah, its a 15 year old 200W amp that can run dual channel or single channel, and at 8, 4, or 2 ohm. Not bad. Probably said it earlier, but the current speaker is a 600W (300W per channel) dual channel 12". I have the 2 channels connected in parallel to the amp which is operating in single channel mode. So 2 ohm at 200W RMS.

It works! And to think I BUILT that box myself one month after I bought the Z! :D

lol

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I have two 12'' JD Audio Subs and a 750 Watt Pioneer Premiere Amplifier. AND! A blue LED in the back window that lights up when the bass hits. My car is blue so it is perfect. I'll take a quick youtube video of the light and my subs once it gets darker out! The subs aren't really that good, but I am about to get two 10'' Theatrical Research subs in a plexiglass box w/ blue led lights for free! I'll post those too

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I don't know if my full system will make it back in my car... I may just do the HU and the 4 speakers amped as I had in the red car and just nix the subs... Unless I make up something thats way smaller the box is just too big and takes up all the trunk space. It's bad enough the bottle is back there.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

You need to build one like mine for yourself there Jon. I can get you dimensions... Or just wait till fest, you can see how it does for yourself, decide later if you want something like that. For its size and location, it really does kick out the bass when its turned up. Not over powering, but it can rattle you pretty well.

Debating on finally upgrading the stock speakers before I go... If I have time.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

My bottle is right there... and if I put it on the other side then I loose the ability to put my roller luggage bag in the back... I do travel with this car a good amount so I don't want to nix that ability. Plus I've grown away from the boom boom phase... LOL... I'd be happy with just amped speakers that I can hear and possibly hooking up my XM in that car as I had in the red one.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"