keyless entry...looking for a "programming button"

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
themadness

keyless entry...looking for a "programming button"

Post by themadness »

morning fellow 'retta'ers

my wife picked up a keyless entry universal type fob for my birthday. which is awesome because i'm spoiled and lazy by newer cars. i was running through the directions and i have to find a "programming button" under the dash in order to program the remote. it looks like my 94 base has no such thing. am i out of luck?

scannerman

Re: keyless entry...looking for a "programming button"

Post by scannerman »

hahaha no beretta ever came with factory keyless entry. Unless you put on an aftermarket system or aftermarket alarm you're SOL.

2009 Cobalt SS LNF
1995 Z26 3100 auto <--- Totalled
1989 base 2.8 auto <-- Sold
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Your gonna need a few more parts before you fob will do anything haha. Just keep it on your keychain and tell people the batteries dead if they ask why you don't use it.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

scannerman wrote:hahaha no beretta ever came with factory keyless entry. Unless you put on an aftermarket system or aftermarket alarm you're SOL.
Hate to differ, but i have seen berettas with factory Keyless entry before, they are 94-96 only, but rare. Saw one at a local chevy dealer once.

The 90-93 you could get a dealer installed keyless entry setup, but have yet to see one. I think Ryan (Styluss) actually has a factory beretta remote system (waiting to be installed of course)

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress