Can someone help with my HID harness.

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
Rodville

Can someone help with my HID harness.

Post by Rodville »

I installed my HID's fine but there is an optional harness that was sent to me with it to help protect the electrics. I am having hard time trying to figure out how it gets wired in. I have most of it figured out but two wires are stumping me. The bulb is an HID setup with a separate high beam bulb. The stock bulbs are H4.

Here is a picture of the harness.

The book is written in a broken English and is hard to follow. Here is the bit about the harness.

I have Google'd the problem and all of the answers I am getting have a different harness then I have. I have sent emails to the retailer that I got the kit from but have not received an answer and I am worried that running it without the harness will fry something.

Thanks.

beretta

Re: Can someone help with my HID harness.

Post by beretta »

quick look at the diagram, those 2 wires go into a diode and then back into the harness. not sure if you need that or not.

I have some hid's but they look nothing like that and the plug on that harness for the factory connection looks wrong for a beretta. the ones i have, the bulbs plug into the ballast and the stock harness plugs into the ballast, each side is separate.

lolwut

Post by lolwut »

Those are for high beams if the HIDs don't provision for them. ie- on your and my cars the headlights are H4 bulbs that have 2 filaments for low and high beam.

IDK about Souls (because I am soulless or something like that) but Euro and JDM G20s were blessed with separate low and high beam bulbs (both single filament H1). So those black and white wires would run to just regular halogen H1 high beams, and the rest of that fiasco would run to xenon H1 low beams. Actually, unless the HID harness has provisions for the high beams I would check to make sure they're working.

Rodville

Post by Rodville »

They are a single bulb (dual element) setup. The HID has a seperate bulb (incandescent) for the high function.

lolwut

Post by lolwut »

LOL I know. As long as your high beams are working just ignore those two wires; they're for what would be a separate halogen high beam that you don't have.

Erfan

Post by Erfan »

Rodville wrote:I installed my HID's fine but there is an optional harness that was sent to me with it to help protect the electrics. I am having hard time trying to figure out how it gets wired in. I have most of it figured out but two wires are stumping me. The bulb is an HID setup with a separate high beam bulb. The stock bulbs are H4.
May be the black wire for grounding.