gauge lights no work..help

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
fishyS13

gauge lights no work..help

Post by fishyS13 »

ok soo i installed a CD player in my 89 GTU, now the problem is that i cut the factory harness and just wired it up to the CD player..yea yea it was stupid, but now my gauge lights dont wana work..whats wrong

spacecadetz26

Re: gauge lights no work..help

Post by spacecadetz26 »

did you check the fuses?

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
fishyS13

Post by fishyS13 »

yea..i checked all of the fuses..the problem is that the headunit i got only has one wire for the instrument panel..and i tryed both wires on the stock harness and and it wouldnt work

fishyS13

Post by fishyS13 »

yea..the thing is that my headunit only has one wire for the instrument panel. i tried wiring it up to the brown and grey wires on the factory harness and it still wont light up

beretta

Post by beretta »

you need to find what wire in there has power for the dimmer, not run through the cd deck but just join the 2 wires once you find what ones they are. use a test light check for power with the parking lights on. you shouldnt have too many spare wires left over in there.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I have a hard time understanding how on earth you cut the radio harness and how that messed up any wires associated with your instrument pannel lights... The only wire going to the radio is a illumination wire which dims the factory lights on the radio, Most aftermarket ones will not accept that as an input to dim the displays since its not the type of input its looking for, but still I have no idea how you messed up the dash with what you did.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

X2 ^^^^^^^^

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

do you have digital dash or regular analog gauges?

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package