factory cd deck not working

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
beretta

factory cd deck not working

Post by beretta »

i have a factory 94 cd deck that turns on and radio works, but it will not take a cd.. it wont even try to take the cd in. does anyone have an idea how to fix this ? im wondering if the motor for the tray is just burnt out or sticking because it hasnt been used in a long time, the car sat for 5 years.

90INDYLIN

Re: factory cd deck not working

Post by 90INDYLIN »

You can checkout Doctordons.com, they do alot of work on stereos and ask them any questions.

90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

yeah i would 'carefully' pull it apart and scope it out. dont know for sure, but there is button/sensor of some sort there to tell the thing that you are inserting a cd... possibly stuck. more likely that something 'foreign' has been inserted and jammed in there.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
beretta

Post by beretta »

well i had it apart, didnt see anything wrong visually. i hooked it back up to test it..

power on. insert disk and nothing it wont even try to take it.

power off.. push the disk just so its started, power on it pulls it in.
^ goes into disk mode, the disk spins for a split second and stops and goes back to am/fm
^ disk wont eject..

Power off, push eject the disk will come out.

strange... im not going to use it but i know someone who is interested but needs to be working.

kinda sucks, the stereo itself is clean and nice shape no fading on any of the writing like you see very common the lettering gets wore off the buttons. its super clean and looks like new condition.

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

those CD transports are $$$ you can try corvetteradios.com to see if they have a transport that is the same style as the beretta radio if your really bent on fixing it yourself. otherwise you can try getting a different GM cd player at a yard, takign it apart to see if it uses the same transport like a bonneville or something.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package