replacement mast

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
themadness

replacement mast

Post by themadness »

i get mediocre/poor reception in my area on fm stations. i dont think its the antenna so much as just the towers or something about the general location. would grabbing a new replacement "amplified" mast help or are they mostly for looks?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: replacement mast

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Not sure how amplified masts are for looks...

I have shitty service in my area as well for FM and I get near to nothing in my Legacy, Same goes for the Beretta but I almost want to blame that on the radio itself. I'm going to try installing an antenna filter and power amplifier since I'm in there doing the stereo to see if it helps any.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

i was referring to this universal mast. it say it has a "booster coil" which i'm gonna take as it being amplified in a generic sort of way. not necessarily the more expensive versions that replace the entire antenna unit.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... &ppt=C0325

i also guess i need to mention i have a factory radio which may or may not make a difference.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

wont hurt anything trying it... the one I have is one with the wire wrapped around the outside of it... works like crap... LOL

I do have a power antenna in the red car that I should probably try to swap over to Pinky but I don't know if it still works or if there is a better version out now or not.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"