Do people know what a GTZ is?

Kept for archival purposes only

Post by Guest »

I ended up racing 2 people tonight

Mazda6 on the highway from a 70mph roll... We actually lined up... and I was about to shift down into 3rd but he takes off right away... and he didn't pull very hard with his auto lol I flashed my fogs and he got the idea and slowed down and then we raced from 70mph I raped him like sinbad the ape... Here are the specs from car and driver on the 2005 mazda 6

Base price: $25,155
Vehicle type: front-engine, front-drive; 4-door 5-passenger sedan
Interior volume, F/R/cargo (cu ft) 52-53/43/15
Wheelbase 105.3 in
Length/width/height 186.8/70.1/56.7 in
Turning circle 38.7 ft
Curb weight 3153 lb
EPA city/hwy mpg 23/28
Fuel-tank capacity/range 18.0 gal/414 mi
Passive restraints driver and passenger front, side, and curtain airbags; rear curtain airbags

POWERTRAIN
2.3-liter DOHC 16-valve inline-4, 160 hp, 155 lb-ft; 4-sp auto

Secondly... I am at a redlight... 2 lane to a merge point about 1/6th of a mile ahead to one lane... a bunch of homies in a ford expeditiion are beside me and one of the homies said to the driver yo smoke this beat @$$ beretta... right as the light turned green (no time for me to even launch)

I hear that... light turns green he made his tires squeek just a bit off the line... I didn't even launch... I catch up to him just in time for me to do a very nice chirp into 2nd with my new tires so it was a nice low chirp not that high pitched beat tires sound chirp right when my front tires are at his driverside doors... I looked over and they had this *** look on their faces and I continued to just @$$ rape them like sinbad once again to the merge point by 2 car lengths...

The main reason for this post is that I realized that NOBODY knows what a beretta GTZ is or what a quad 4 is... which is always nice in my part but I swear everyone I talk to who is into cars and under the age of 25 usually never even heard of a quad 4 or a beretta GTZ... Its silly.

Take into account we have a lot of z26's GT's and Bases that are pretty much beat and only one other GTZ in my area (mine is the much nicer of us two   )... It makes it quite nice...

96BlackRoseZ26

Post by 96BlackRoseZ26 »

It's nice until someone pulls out if front of you or the other driver and gets hurt or killed.  Sorry..I don't mean to dump on the post, but having a kid and being a parent and all, brings it out.  Save the racing for the track where it is a controlled environment and there is no chance of the idiot who pulls out in front of you because he's talking on his cell phone and not paying attention to the road or the kid riding his bike out of a parking lot and not looking either.(That happened to me just yesterday)  I'd rather let some jerkoff think he got a win on me, than spend the rest of my life thinking about the person/people I injured of killed because I let ego get the better of me.  Not to mention, if you do have the nicer of the 2 GTZs there in town, keep it that way and take care of it.  Don't take chances that could get it smashed up.

Seriously, it is nothing personal.  It's directed at street racing in general so don't take it as a slam against you.  I would just hate to have something like that happen to someone from the board, or anyone for that matter.

Okay, I'm done.  Putting the soapbox away until next time.

Have you ever felt like you were flying, but didn't have wings?

Jerry Bickley
02 Navy Blue Metallic Monte Carlo SS
3800 V6/4-Speed Auto

MAJ28

Post by MAJ28 »

Very nice win, I thought that Mazda6 came with a 265HP v6.  It's always more fun to take the win with onlookers.

My buddy was kinda suprised when on the street one night I beat his '93 Altima auto, he had a few good mods.  He beat me most other times though, especially on the highway.

As far as I'm concerned about street racing, if you know the area well enough and are cautious - 99.99% of the time you'll be fine.  I know I do my street racing on 4 or 6 lane roads with no turn-ons and all guard rail for atleast 1/2 a mile.

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   

Post by Guest »

I wouldn't race in an area that I don't know like the back of my hand... Maybe do a quick first gear and chirp second but only up to the posted limit to to show a beretta can do something lol

The race from the light was nice because I went up to maybe 65mph in 2nd before I let off... 55mph posted limit...

I dont even consider it a race because the ford was a boat that I pretty much gave him a little show into 2nd gear and then let off only 10 above the limit...

I typically drive maybe only 2 or 3mph over the limit 90 percent of the time.  But every once in a while its nice to have a 6 to 7k shift instead of my usual 2 1/2-3k shifts.  Even if I get there only at 1/2 throttle maybe getting on a highway.

Racing around or in a residential area... no way... i love living in the land of cornfields where highways are plentiful and have very light traffic

MAJ28

Post by MAJ28 »

Promise me a ride in that baby when you're in town.  I've only rode in 2 quad's my whole life.  

Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

(MAJ28 @ Aug. 29 2005,11:31)Q
U
O
T
EVery nice win, I thought that Mazda6 came with a 265HP v6.  It's always more fun to take the win with onlookers.

My buddy was kinda suprised when on the street one night I beat his '93 Altima auto, he had a few good mods.  He beat me most other times though, especially on the highway.

As far as I'm concerned about street racing, if you know the area well enough and are cautious - 99.99% of the time you'll be fine.  I know I do my street racing on 4 or 6 lane roads with no turn-ons and all guard rail for atleast 1/2 a mile.

»Jason
There is the 6I which is the 4, and the V6 which has 220hp and runs low to mid 15's.

265hp, you might be thinking of the Maxima.

Those jelly bean Altimas are weak sauce.  Many are autos and I remember racing a kid at school when I was bone stock and he lost by a few car lengths every time.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
MAJ28

Post by MAJ28 »

I'm almost certain they were advertised at more than 220...  hmmm.

I've gotta give my buddy credit, he had full Greddy Exhaust, u/d pulley, new computer, header, and lowered on 17"s.  (All the while only looking border-line ricey.)

Post by Guest »

(MAJ28 @ Aug. 29 2005,20:08)Q
U
O
T
EPromise me a ride in that baby when you're in town.  I've only rode in 2 quad's my whole life. ÂÂÂ
Of course! It's gonna be awsome meeting up with a few other owners!

Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

(MAJ28 @ Aug. 30 2005,07:45)Q
U
O
T
EI'm almost certain they were advertised at more than 220...  hmmm.

I've gotta give my buddy credit, he had full Greddy Exhaust, u/d pulley, new computer, header, and lowered on 17"s.  (All the while only looking border-line ricey.)
It isnt quite on the street yet, but there is  a Mazdaspeed 6 that is AWD and has a 2.3L turbo and 272hp.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006

Post by Guest »

(Engray M @ Aug. 27 2005,22:17)Q
U
O
T
EThe main reason for this post is that I realized that NOBODY knows what a beretta GTZ is or what a quad 4 is... which is always nice in my part but I swear everyone I talk to who is into cars and under the age of 25 usually never even heard of a quad 4 or a beretta GTZ... Its silly.
See, that's why.  I would say 70-80% of people who are "into cars" under the age of 25 aren't "into cars".  They're into the whole "boy-racer" scene created by video games and movies.  So if it's not some "tuner car", they know nothing (or very little) about it.  Oh, with the exception of some classic older cars, like the famous "Eleanor" Shelby GT 500 from Gone In Sixty Seconds.

They may like cars, fast cars, maybe even like to make slow cars go fast, and they may know a little to a lot about engines, suspension, transmission, whatever.  But being into cars is a totally different arena.  It would be like someone saying "I'm into electronics because I buy the latest and greatest TV equipment".  Course those people have never wired anything, never seen 74'00s, never had to create multiplexers, inductors, or capacitors.  All they know is "all the guys at Best Buy said this was kick @$$."

Then again, I come from 15 years at the drags watching my father build and fix a '69 Corvette which my mom raced down the quarter.  So I might be a little biased.

Just for the records, I'm not into cars.  I just like them a lot.

I-GOT-BOOST

Post by I-GOT-BOOST »

(96BlackRoseZ26 @ Aug. 29 2005,11:06)Q
U
O
T
EIt's nice until someone pulls out if front of you or the other driver and gets hurt or killed.  Sorry..I don't mean to dump on the post, but having a kid and being a parent and all, brings it out.  Save the racing for the track
Go whine somewhere else!    

In case you didn't notice, this is the STREET RACING SECTION.

If you don't like it, go play in some other section of the forum, and don't bother reading this one.  Those of us involved in the "sport" are really tired of people spouting that crap in here.  If you have some comment about racing on the street that's fine. But go preach in some other section, or start your own thread about why you are against it.  Don't hijack our story threads.

By the way - you always have the coolest sig pics.  

Quote of the week:

"A cam is only too big if it won't go into the block, and a turbo is only too big if you can't close the hood."
Z26er

Post by Z26er »

you know.. i find that the people who whine always seem have a vehicle that is modified.

Why do we modify our cars boys and girls? to get more HP, and more TQ, resulting in faster acceleration, yet they who whine with modified vehicles  i think are hypocritical in their own right, cause more then likely they hassle that civic del sol more then we do. ( also, why waste your money on modifying if your not gonna use it?)

Boost is addictive, more boost is more addictive
90 TSI FWD: will get fixed someday.. maybe..
86 conquest TSi: The new toy,  boosted RWD is fun.. till you snap lug nut studs although no 1st gear kinda SUCKS!
95 Beretta Z26: i don't think i'll ever get rid of this thing, i've tried already.
berettaagain

Post by berettaagain »

Ok going back to the actual topic involved here............Most people have no idea what a GTZ is because they have never seen them. I have two (well one and a half) and to this day most of the younger guys and gals in my town dont know what the heck it is. It makes me happy to know that I am a little unique in that sense but its a little annoying when people say "Oh It's just a Beretta". Yeah well it is a Beretta.....this is true but I havent been beaten by anything less that a V8 in this town yet.

berettaspeed

Post by berettaspeed »

i think alot of older people know what the quad is and also its not a very good reputaion at that. they are just kown for blowing up. but very few have had the pleasure of having one that works well for a long period of time. all the kids nowadays know what DSM, integra and civics and SRTs are oh and a "V8". thats it. at least most of them that is. hell one last night his dumb *** didn't know i had a turbo and i told him i had an intake leak and he believed me  dumbass ppl. LOL

by the V8 remark im not bashing the post above me, but im sure even your stock beretta can beat a V8 camaro 3rd gen RS. the thing is V8 is not always fast thats what i am getting at. alot of the 80s GM and early 90 had crap for gearing and that V8 just fell on its face. and alot of people(older and younger) think V8 ohh my gosh its sooo fast

Best ET 14.313@95.37 N/A
Best MPH 14.438@95.71 N/A
89GT 5spd
3400MPFI & Boost
nicky gio88gt

Post by nicky gio88gt »

I dont really think it was so much the gearing. Those engines just didnt have any power. The 305 h.o for instance didnt even see 200hp til the late 80's, I can remember being in englishtown nj watchin my pops in his 87 5.0 mustang with the optional 3.08 rear race the monte ss's and iroc-z camaros and he'd beat them so bad the races werent close to being close.

89' Buick Riviera
88' Beretta Gt (project car)