our beretta eats mustangs for breakfast

Kept for archival purposes only
pfnbjz

our beretta eats mustangs for breakfast

Post by pfnbjz »

hey there racers we were comeing home the other night from down island we were just prowling along and a mustang came up to us reved his moter i gave thumbs up and we slowed to 30 and punched it going thru the gears we got to 120 and i shifted from third to fourth and left him in the dust i grabed fifth all i saw was head lights disapearing in my rear view mirror i love this car pfnbjz :burn:

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: our beretta eats mustangs for breakfast

Post by 3X00-Modified »

V6 mustang? I can't see even a Quad taking on a V8 GT... especially if someone can drive it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
95z26

Post by 95z26 »

It had to be an V6 mustang

myspace.com/big_t3
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Or possibly an older V8. I ran a 5.0 to 0-50 3 times in a row and walked him each time back in the day. That was the first time I realized my car could actually beat certain cars... LOL I even complimented him on his exhaust, sounded sweet, nice paint job, then we ran. He got a bit sore after that.

5thberetta

Post by 5thberetta »

your full of S**t if you claim that your beretta did 120 in 3rd gear. I might have misread your post, if so I withdraw my comment. I've owned 5 different berettas(only 2 of which would beat a mustang after 6 grand of engine/transmission work each) and even then wouldn't pull 120 in 3rd gear. My impala SS had a LT1/4L60-E and it literally would hit 120 and feel like it hit a brick wall at 120 when it was in "d"(3rd gear) instead of overdrive. Those cars were geared to make those speeds. In overdrive it would hit 142. I love hearing about any chevy beating a Ford, but only the true stories. If you really have a car that floats like that i'd love to see pics. =@

IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

What RPM was 120 in 3rd on your impala? Cause overdrive is going to make it a lot harder for the engine to overcome wind resistance at that speed.. LOL

And 6 grand of engine/trans work? For that much you'd have a beretta running low 12's at least if you knew what you were doing. A 3400 with a cam and a turbo with a 5spd would do that.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Well I can run 14.20's (14.30's in street tune) and have a hard time with V6 Mustangs at the track!

And a V8 Mustang would make you look silly!

YOU aren't anywhere near that!

So you are obviously quite FULL OF YOURSELF!! %)

I'm calling BS on this one!!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
92berettadude

Post by 92berettadude »

idk about that. my 92 beretta blew the doors off of a semi old mustang gt and mine is completely stock and in kinda poor condition and the guy didn't even stand a chance

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Was he even trying??

I know everyone thinks their cars are fast... I ran a 13.9 with my current car and even I don't play with Mustang GT's... its not worth it, since you just don't know whats under the hood.

And I'm willing to bet, all these "mustangs" you guys are thinking are GT's and V8's are probably V6's and some 4 cylinders that people are re-badging so they dont look stupid for buying a non V8 mustang

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

The one I raced I don't know if the dude didn't know how to drive, or the car wasn't tuned or if the 5.0 is really as slow as they say and are rated. It was the older fox body ones before the 93 style. It had fresh paint, and was definitely a V8. Had nice exhaust and maybe even a cam. Walked him 3 times in a row 0-45. He would shift once during that time and jump forward a bit then immediately start falling back again. I don't know how he would have faired if we would have kept going but I didn't want to speed. That was the first time I realised my car had something against other cars. Before that I had tons of guys in the older mustangs wanting to race me and I never knew why. I always wondered why they wanted to race a slow FWD car??? But maybe it's cause their cars were slow too! LOL

The V6 mustangs are an even bigger joke unless you are talking about the newest ones. Those I have not seen run yet. The V6 camaros (not the 2009) are also dog slow. Raced a few of the 3800 ones. Both manual and auto before and they weren't just random encounters. Now I'd really walk them with the intake mods and exhaust. The 3800's I wouldn't spank but it was a good race with me walking away ever so slowly every time. Same for GP GTs.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I had a friend that had a early 70's Chevy truck with a mid 70's 350/THM350 with a 2 bbl and he killed a early 90's Stang 5.0 with the AOD(from a dead stop). The 5.0 with the AOD was much slower than the stick do to gearing. The 5spd had much better gearing and a lower rear gear.
At about 30mph the 5spd was stuck in 2nd and would dog very bad in a race from there. I use to ride with another friend of mine in his 74 Camaro and he raced alot of 5.0GT's with me in the car. Do to his highway gear(2.50) and his THM350 trans he was able to race them at 35mph(dumping the trans into first)and kill them.
Yes, I know that we are talking about Beretta's and not V8's. It's just that the 5.0/5spd had a bad weak spot where pfnbjz said his race started.

keep'em flying!
Decipha

Post by Decipha »

i got out of the beretta scene a couple years back since then i've been hooked on the ford thunderbird supercoupes, i now own 4 one of which i did a 351 5spd swap and monday i just bought an s475 turbo and a 408 cu in stroker kit.

looking to make 700rwhp/900rwtq shooting for low 9s in the 1/4

anyone wanna race that? :burn:

michi

Post by michi »

Quad4's can beat V8 Mustangs. Didnt mike morris has beat a 96 Mustang GT 5spd in his GTZ with W41 cam swap?

Decipha

Post by Decipha »

michaelGTZ wrote:Quad4's can beat V8 Mustangs. Didnt mike morris has beat a 96 Mustang GT 5spd in his GTZ with W41 cam swap?

x2 gt mustangs are a joke i can burn them in my stock supercoupe

michi

Post by michi »

Possibly no stock Beretta can beat a V8 Mustangs but modded cars can do :D
But i agree, running a beretta 120mph in the 3rd gear is really BS. I got my car up to 100mph and hitted the limiter when it was stock, now i get it up to 110 or more since chip and cams. A V6 Beretta cant do this... we dont even know what engine/trans your beretta has... so if you dont own a modfied Quad4 you wont run 120mph in 3rd gear and cant beat a V8 mustang.

And 3400Modified, Quad4's play with V8 mustangs, just not much Berettas but other modded Quad4 cars do :D
Look at this: http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/ ... svette.flv
Not a Mustang but a 90 Corvette vs. a stroked 2.6 Quad4 Cavalier w/ 209WHP :D

I think its not that hard to beat a V8, especially when you own a modded car. 3400Modified, you should have no problems to run Mustangs or some corvettes in your car :D Since our cars are lighter than these, its possible.

I also think most V6 or V8 Mustangs are modded on the dragstrip. Thats why asylum has problems to get up with them because a stock Mustang GT maybe runs high 14 or low 15 secs so i think the most of these cars on the dragstrip are modded cause 15 sec for a V8 issnt really fast.
Kinda funny when a little 4banger or a V6 can beat a 5.0 V8... so im really sure the most guys have some bolts ons on to make their cars faster than stock.