circle track

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
Money pit Beretta

circle track

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Is it ok to use a K&N? I have a old one for the 90GT stock air box that I can't use on my new 95.

keep'em flying!
beretta5

circle track

Post by beretta5 »

(Money pit Beretta @ Jun. 03 2008,18:30)QUOTEIs it ok to use a K&N? I have a old one for the 90GT stock air box that I can't use on my new 95.
yup    
I wish I had known that, I bought one last month  

thanks.

Chazzman

circle track

Post by Chazzman »

(MikeH @ Jun. 01 2008,18:43)QUOTEWhen they had BFest in Louisville in '01 they should have utilized one of the local tracks instead of going to Bowling Green.
I remember it being a drive down to bowling green.

I think the reason the drag racing was held at Beech Bend was mainly because we toured the Corvette musem earlier in the day....

I had never drag raced  before that night.....

BTW, congrats beretta5!!!  

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  
Money pit Beretta

circle track

Crap, should have made the offer when we first started talking!  Remember not to set it out in the sun to dry when you clean it, it will shrink(my friend did that to a round one on a V8).

keep'em flying!
beretta5

circle track

Post by beretta5 »

Usually mine shrink when I put it out in the sun too  
Thanks though  

Money pit Beretta

circle track

Yea, just trying to help. I put mine in the shade, takes longer to dry. I also have a intake tube I made out of black plastic drain pipe and black rubber drain tube(flows better than stock, but you would need a breather for the valve cover and you may get busted for it). Just thought I'd tell you about it. Hope you have a good run this weekend! Do you have new control arm and rear axle bushings yet?

keep'em flying!
MikeH

circle track

Post by MikeH »

(Chazzman @ Jun. 04 2008,21:10)QUOTE
(MikeH @ Jun. 01 2008,18:43)QUOTEWhen they had BFest in Louisville in '01 they should have utilized one of the local tracks instead of going to Bowling Green.
I remember it being a drive down to bowling green.

I think the reason the drag racing was held at Beech Bend was mainly because we toured the Corvette musem earlier in the day....

I had never drag raced  before that night.....

BTW, congrats beretta5!!! ÂÂÂ
Right, everyone drove down to Bowling Green.

Mike
1993 Chevrolet Beretta Base V6
beretta5

circle track

Post by beretta5 »

thanks money....I appreciate the help ÂÂÂ

well, I got hosed last night. Started last in a 10 car heat race and won. Started last in a 20 car feature and won ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ then when I went through tech they DQ'd me for camber. ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Camber has passed tech everytime for the last 2 seasons.....we are allowed 2" in the front, I have 1 5/8" he said I modified the shock towers, when he figured out that I had not, he said  "I still gotta take it from you" ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ I have pretty much dominated this class for the last 2 years and I guess people are starting to get tired of it ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ
Hard part is telling my kids (15 & 10) that Dad was DQ'd for cheating.....that is the part that sucks, cause if there is one thing I am not, its a cheat.
Still had fun and the beretta was rolling.

Money pit Beretta

circle track

What? "I still gotta take it from you" Why? What's this monkey butt's problem? It's not like you moved the engine over to one side to help in the turns(I knew someone who did that on a RWD). Started last and won, that's great! Why I wanted to know about the control arm bushings is that I have a set of Moog's for my 90Gt. The car is gone so I'd like to get rid of them(only the rear bushings will work on the 95). Is there someone you can talk to and get your wins back?

keep'em flying!
beretta5

circle track

Post by beretta5 »

I have sent the track promoter/owner a e-mail.....sure nothing is gonna happen.
Its one of those tracks that most people who race there do not like how it is ran, but the next closest track is 2+hours away.....the "officials" kinda do what they want cause they know no ones gonna leave, cause there ain't nowhere else to go.

beretta5

circle track

Post by beretta5 »

All the suspension on the car was redone this past winter.
thanks.

beretta5

circle track

Post by beretta5 »

he e-mailed me back today and wants me to call him.
I told him I would call tomorrow....I know he is at the track tonight, I did not go, cause I want this resolved before I race there again.

Money pit Beretta

circle track

Cool man, glad to hear that you are getting things done. Is not racing going to hurt your points? Ok, I have someone else that I may give the bushings to(your first on the list that's why I asked).

keep'em flying!
beretta5

circle track

Post by beretta5 »

thanks Money......not worried about points, if I go back and they DQ me again, its just wasted $$$.

Money pit Beretta

circle track

They better not! That would be a load! Are you going to have to move up a class?

keep'em flying!