The 3500 today

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
Asylum

The 3500 today

Post by Asylum »

Exhaust CLOSED (They don't allow open exhaust in the Street Class)

14.36 @ 96.01 MPH

I lost in the Quarter Final do to "driver error"

.1603 R/T

I SUCK!!

But I just think it is so kewl that this little bugger will run mid 14's no matter what.

That is 60's Muscle Car territory folks.

3500 > 3400 or whatever hybrid you dream up, ALL DAY!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
jene

The 3500 today

Post by jene »

im wondering if i shouldnt do the 3400 in my solver beretta.. only issue is the tuning.....

3X00-Modified
Administrator

The 3500 today

Post by 3X00-Modified »

(asylummotorsports @ Aug. 03 2008,18:53)QUOTE3500 > 3400 or whatever hybrid you dream up, ALL DAY!
Ok I understand you are very proud of this setup, but does ANYONE have a 3400 or 3400 Hybrid with headers running on a 3t40 with 3.73 gears and a 2095 stall converter and LSD to even begin to compare to??

Everything your comparing to is 3400 4t60e biased, and thats with 2.96 gears half the time...

We also all know a 3400 with a CAI and a 5-speed can do a 14.3... and that only advantage was gearing.

Berettaspeed did it with his before he went boosted.

Seriously wait till I get some gear to this car and I'll see what it can do then.

Unfortunately you have quite a bit of time and money to throw at this car and quite a few people with their hands in it... most others don't have those resources available to them...  I'm limited on cash right now, and time since I'm the only one touching this car.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

The 3500 today

Post by Asylum »

Well it certainly is true that if I had to pay for everything, I would have an even bigger pile of money in this little bugger than I do, and even then it is getting a little silly.

And I do have way too much time on my hands, and a race track 30 minutes away.

However the point I was trying to make is that for anyone starting from scratch the 3500 is definately the way to go, and I'm doing all the research for ya'.

Jon's car is likely the obvious exception to that thinking, and when the dust settles and he gets it sorted out, it will likely be quicker, but for now I'm milking it for all it's worth! LOL!

And being the arse that I am I have to ask the question.

Given the numbers, what would be the obvious answer if you were looking to do a swap? 3500's can be had for under $600 in most areas, and you don't have to take it apart. Or a hybrid you have to build?

I respect Jon alot, but for all that money and effort, I have to ask why.

The OBD-1 chip is not a secret, and Rodney can replicate it for whomever wants it, although he claims he's not done yet.

OBD-2, if you are there, would be a Wonderland for a stock 3500.

What he would charge for the chip I have no idea, but it works, and I have the time slips, and even more wear on my parts to prove it.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
MY91GT(Z)

The 3500 today

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

sounds interestin and i wonder for the tune u have on ur car, i was wonderin  how well it would work w/ my  setup since i think im the closest as for bein obd1

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
_UnLiMiTeD_

The 3500 today

Post by _UnLiMiTeD_ »

I think Jon was just getting a little aggrivated that you keep saying how much better the 3500 is when really that gearing setup, the lsd and headers you have plays a big role in the times it produces. you plop that stock 3500 on the stock gearing that most people with 3400's run, with no lsd or headers, i dont think your times would be too much different from a 3400.

Your car is deffinately fast for what it is but there isnt any 3400 cars running the gearing combo that you are for anyone to truely know how much better the 3500 actually is

3X00-Modified
Administrator

The 3500 today

Post by 3X00-Modified »

My point exactly... BUT this definately proves what you can do with gear and bolt on's I'll give you that much.  But no one really has done the same with a 3400 so there is no comparison.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"