Season 10

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Season 10

Post by 3X00-Modified »

woody90gtz wrote:Wow, they have come a long way then.
I agree with this statement because when Hancooks did come out I always looked at the brand as a cheap name... and today that's not the case.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Hankook Ventus RS-3's getting mounted and balanced on thursday....

First autox of the season is on sunday....

Getting the car out of storage tomorrow LOL

This is going to be a good week... :D

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
B3r3tz

Post by B3r3tz »

So here's the dilemma: With both sets of competition tires about wore out (and harder than a rock at this point anyway), I'm in the market to buy tires - for the first time in about 6 years LOL... Cost is a factor, so I may be switching back to street tires if I can stay competitive. Looking for any opinions out there on tires - for autocross that is. I used to run Falken Azenis back in the day, but street tire tech has come a long long way since then and I know there are street tires out there as fast as my Toyo Proxes and old Hoosier R's.
I'm in the market to buy tires too. I've seen some good reviews on the Toyo Proxes. However, I'm still torn on what to choose since there are different variants when it comes to their ultra-high performance tires. For those who are using Toyo Proxes, what's good to buy between R888 and RA1?