Ashpalt Circle Track Set Up

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
nstoll0213

Ashpalt Circle Track Set Up

Post by nstoll0213 »

Hi all, I'm sure this has been covered somewhere before. But posting it because after searching for some time I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

We have 2 different Beretta's we race. Both on Asphalt Circle Tracks. A 1991 and a 1996.

We are looking to do some suspension upgrades, being mid season at the moment we aren't able to tear the cars down and do a complete swap over of any kind.

First off, front springs. With the stock front springs we are having to use a few spring rubbers to keep the body roll from being atrocious. Ideally we want to have a little give, but not much at all. The least amount of body give/body roll the better. Are the stiffer and shorter springs that we would be able to get that can be put in for the struts? I know there's the coil over conversion, but that may end up being a winter project. The springs can be shorter than stock, we have a ride height rule of 4 1/2 inches to the lowest point on the car. Currently we are between 6-8", running on 14in tires.

The rear springs we just have standard springs that have been cut. However, without gutting the fender well we seem to only be able to get about a 6" ride height out of the rear. Because of some body roll, the fender digs into the tires (the do stick out a little).

Both cars are 3400 swapped, but suspension and brake wise most of it is still stock. Any help with the spring stuff would be appreciated. As we are trying to get that problem solved first. After that we will be moving on to other things.