Interest Topic: BFest 2010 Drag Racing: Heads up Quick 16

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Re: Interest Topic: BFest 2010 Drag Racing: Heads up Quick 1

Post by Rex 2.0 »

All I was saying is all cars qualify for two awards except for power adders. Yes, it is HIGHLY unlikely that it would happen but it could. We should stick with the same categories or classes year after year so people know what to expect at the event. Even the car show classes modified and stock need a more specific list that stays the same every year. Every year people are confused on what class to put their car in because we do not have set rules posted anywhere that they can see before the event.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Hmmm, I seem to remember posting all the car show classes before the event. They've been the same since 2005 :Yahoo!:

When I organized the racing I kept the classes the same, but that has been switched up a little bit since Eric has been helping out. Never argue with the man sponsoring the trophies in questions though... :wink:

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I don't mind the opinions and questions at all. In fact it should be encouraged.

Unfortunately the original Quick 16 as propossed by Kurt is unworkable at this venue and thus the whole race outing has reverted to past categories although somewhat expanded to include cars that had been previously excluded.

We have gone from three classes the last two years to six this year, (eight if you include the Best Engineered and Best Reaction Time), but yet it seems there will always be dissenting views on something, and I realize it's impossible to make everyone happy.

But it's not the 30th yet, LOL!

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Ok I'll say it one more time, We are not trying to add another class, we are just trying to figure out what happened to the forced induction category name that there used to be, which has now been re-named to quickest overall.

You seemed to be VERY accommodating to the request to add the Quad, 3.1 and 3100 stock category yet you continue to push off the FI guys and say if your quick you get a trophy but if your not quicker due to malfunction than a N/A modified v6 then you loose it and that was the only category you can win, yet that n/a guy gets two drag racing trophies.

Thats all we are saying.

Can anyone else see this or are we just fucking crazy? Why put N/A on one trophie if your not going to have a FI class... it makes no sense.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

No, not crazy. Don't see that it is a real issue to add it in though. Seriously, I agree with Rex above. You guys need to finalize this, and just make it the same every year. I understand that you had a setup for every year before, but Eric is helping to expand it which is a good thing. Maybe we just need to fix it this one more time and it will be there.

Then someone should work out all the rules for EACH class, what is permitted and what isn't, and the same be done for the car show portion of bfest. Then make this available for everyone to read prior to the event. That way its all written out, everyone will know or should know and defining the classes at the event will be much easier. You can even have handouts printed to give to people during the events.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DTMAce wrote:No, not crazy. Don't see that it is a real issue to add it in though. Seriously, I agree with Rex above. You guys need to finalize this, and just make it the same every year. I understand that you had a setup for every year before, but Eric is helping to expand it which is a good thing. Maybe we just need to fix it this one more time and it will be there.
I agree with Pat too on it being very unlikely to happen, but damnit he was the one who brought it up to begin with... Why has this become MY complaint all of a sudden, I was trying to backup his original question that seemed to just get shoved off.

Rex 2.0 wrote:I know it is highly unlikely but it is always a possibility. I find it a little unfair that turbo and blower guys only get one category when every one else gets two. Lets say their are two FI cars their and both have issues and have crappy times. Any other car then has the ability to win both category.

Just my .02.
And originally Eric cut back/changed the classes we had to ask to add in the stock classes again but aparently the question on the FI/Quickest title change is getting ignored

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I think you misread my post. I agreed that it should be added.
DTMAce wrote:No, not crazy. Don't see that it is a real issue to add it in though. Seriously, I agree with Rex above. You guys need to finalize this, and just make it the same every year. I understand that you had a setup for every year before, but Eric is helping to expand it which is a good thing. Maybe we just need to fix it this one more time and it will be there.
I meant to say that yes there should be an FI class in itself as you guys are in a different class from the rest of us. I think what Eric is trying to say is that because you guys would be the fastest you would take the quickest overall regardless. However I agree with you that if you guys didn't manage to pull off that feat and the quickest overall went to a non-FI class then none of the FI guys would have a trophy at all, good run or not.

Eric thinks that if any of you failed to beat the lower classes then none of you deserved it in the first place, but I find that rather insulting.. And I don't even have an FI setup! LOL

Here is an idea:

Instead of a trophy that is just quickest overall, how about one that reflects both best reaction time AND quickest. Meaning that it would allow for anyone of ANY class to earn it, and it not depend on JUST their pass time. You would take the fastest of all the classes and then of THOSE, the best reaction time. That would be your overall winner.

But you would still have your FI class, your Modified classes and your stock classes etc. so there were awards for each class.

Thoughts?

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yes I did miss read your post, my apologies.
DTMAce wrote:Eric thinks that if any of you failed to beat the lower classes then none of you deserved it in the first place, but I find that rather insulting.. And I don't even have an FI setup! LOL
THANK YOU!

The class your describing is more of a Best R/T of the quickest... I think in the end the "Quickest Overall" just needs to be eliminated since our classes are so diverse the times are not close enough to group everyone together.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I was reading back through this thread and realized something. It sounds like the dragstrip is willing to accommodate us pretty well. And I read that originally you all were thinking of an 8 car group. So that got me to thinking. If we are allowing the option of stock classes along with modified and FI(power adders), are we going to be more than 8 cars for the overall event, and if so are we going to have a problem or did the dragstrip give us a higher number of vehicles allowed limit? No one really said after Eric posted with their response. Just wanted to clarify that.

As I said before, I would be interesting in running once or twice, just to see what this Z of mine would run, and how well I would run it. I don't plan to win anything, nor would my feelings be hurt if I didn't. I just want to have fun, and video you guys running, etc. :D

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DTMAce wrote:I was reading back through this thread and realized something. It sounds like the dragstrip is willing to accommodate us pretty well. And I read that originally you all were thinking of an 8 car group. So that got me to thinking. If we are allowing the option of stock classes along with modified and FI(power adders), are we going to be more than 8 cars for the overall event, and if so are we going to have a problem or did the dragstrip give us a higher number of vehicles allowed limit? No one really said after Eric posted with their response. Just wanted to clarify that.

As I said before, I would be interesting in running once or twice, just to see what this Z of mine would run, and how well I would run it. I don't plan to win anything, nor would my feelings be hurt if I didn't. I just want to have fun, and video you guys running, etc. :D
Judging Erics last post about the Quick 16 deal I would think that they can't offer us that anymore due to the time of the event, I could be wrong though.
Unfortunately the original Quick 16 as propossed by Kurt is unworkable at this venue and thus the whole race outing has reverted to past categories although somewhat expanded to include cars that had been previously excluded.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

/thread.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.